Chapter 18 Pagus and Khione

Leo sneezed.

"Man," he said shivering. "This weather. It's unnatural."

"Turns out global warning is a myth," Hazel said.

They were in Quebec. Piper had them go back to camp to get Festus. And to Leo's horror, his prototype, Festus jr, was in pieces of bronze. Festus still worked perfectly, since Leo gave him maintenance almost every day. But he made the Festus Jr to be a battle driven dragon. It could have helped a lot. But instead Ryan and Maya blew it to smithereens.

       The ground was a bland white mix. No way to distinguish the houses from the ground. Constant snow covered the entire landscape making the sky blurry with the ground below.

"Yeesh," Leo said. "If we are bad up here then the people below must be suffering."

"This must be Koncitus," Hazel said. "He casted an eternal winter up here. If we don't stop him he can kill everyone."

They soon came to where Maxx saw the ice warrior Koncitus. When Leo realized it was in Quebec, he immediately got a certain chill. Princess Khione is still there. And now to think about it, Pagos reminded him of her. But what would Pagus be doing with Khione? He doesn't want to know.

To avoid being detected right away, they dropped from Festus about a thousand feet from above the temple where Boreas and Khione resides. While in mid-air, Hazel manipulated the mist, and then suddenly they were on the steps leading to the door. And immediately, Leo least favorite hockey player and 90's rock came into view.

"Sup squirt," said one of the Boreads, they hockey player.

"Long time no see," said the other. "It's been a while since I was able to kick your behind."

Leo looked up at him. "Look, fellas. I know that I was a bit of a jerk, as were you."

"You burned us," said the hockey player.

"After you tried to freeze me. I say that's a fair trade. Now. There is a guy in there that is very dangerous and very crazy. Nod if you understand."

The other Boread had to stop the hockey player from nodding. "We know. I like the guy. He gets us."

"And he's flirting with Khione," said the other. "Something I deemed impossible."

"So can you let us in?' Hazel asked.

"Sorry, but no," both said at once. "We have permission from Khione to kill any demigods that come our way."

Leo sighed. "Screw it, I am dropping my formalities."

Hazel looked at him. "Are you sure about this? Maxx didn't give you that to be used recklessly."

"That was years ago," Leo said. "Now, I think I can control it."

He held his hand towards the two. "I'm a son of Hephaestus. I have a rare ability to control and summon flames. And Maxx gave me a boost. What do you think will happen when I point it at you?"

"Sorry kid, you can't beat a god of the opposite element," said the one with white hair.

Leo smiled. "Fine then. Have it your way."

He held out both hands. A ball of blue flame appeared in his hand. The brothers held out their hands, and a flash of snow and ice shot from them. Hazel sighed and manipulated the mist, making her reappear a few feet away from the blast while Leo took it head on. He used the blue flame that vaporized their ice magic. Hazel took out a calvary sword from the mist, and charged them. The brother used a hockey stick to block it. The material was surprisingly tough enough to deflect Hazel's sword.