Chapter 19 Vampire, part 2

Thalia and Jason looked across the dark forest. The helicopter that Piper lend them flew a few hundred feet above the pine trees. Thalia and Jason examined the canopy. Jason commanded the wind spirits to find her like before. But as soon as he sent them, he couldn't fell their presence.

"Any advice before we go in?" Jason asked.

"Ignore everything you know about vampires," she said. "Except she can take blood as nourishment."

"So don't let her get her hands on me," Jason said. "I understand."

"You better," she whispered.

The pilot turned to them. "Mr and Ms Grace. We are arriving at the drop zone. Prepare to drop."

"Understood," they both said. They were pretty much smack in the middle of the forest. Jason could feel an excited tingle up his spine. As soon as the helicopter was in position, they both jumped from the helicopter. They both summoned the wind and alighted down safely onto the forest floor.

"Stealth is the ideal option when fighting vampires," Thalia said. "Make sure you don't pull out that flashy spear till necessary."

Jason nodded. "Now where did Maxx said this girl was?"

"A temple," she said. "A shrine built by ancient Mayan."

"What would a vampire be doing here?" Jason wondered.

"She is the demigod daughter of the dragon serpent. We will worry about that later," Thalia said. Then she grunted. "The witch knows that I will come after. She will prepare."

"Nico would be helpful now," Jason said. "He seemed to be able to hold the vampire off."

"The jerk just vanished after our last battle," she said a little annoyed. "I don't care where he is."

"Okay," he said. "Let's begin."

As soon as Thalia got a good read on her location, she headed off towards the east.

"Isn't the temple in the other direction?" Jason asked.

"Her aura is this way, trust me. She must have used another means to get inside the temple."

Jason, while running, telepathically called to the spirits. The ones in this area was a little more testy than others. Till he explained the gravity of their situation, and they immediately obliged to help. It took them a few minutes before he heard anything back. That was when he stopped Thalia.

"What is it?" she whispered.

"The spirits here sensed someone appearing here a few hours ago. It must be Shaltear. She entered a secret entrance a mile ahead."

"Then let's hurry," she said and sped up. Jason followed suit. It didn't take them long before they ran into the entrance. A spirit explained it to him, and Jason was able to find the entrance, which was buried under branches and leaves. The door was a large, sandstone block. They had to move the block in order to get to the entrance which lead to an abandoned corridor below them. Jason took out his golden sword and sliced the rock till it was in moveable sizes. The entrance smelled rotten and damped.

"We should be careful," Jason said. "No telling what kind of trap she may have laid for us in her spare time."

"Trust me," Thalia said. "I can sense any trap a mile away."

They carefully moved along the hall full of dust and cobwebs. Soon they ran into one that blocked their entire path. Thalia took an arrow and tried to bring it down. But it didn't budge. Jason tried it with his sword, but it was useless.