Chapter 21 Holy Knight

Ryan looked across the skyline, and breathed in deeply to sign in satisfaction.

"Is that so?" he asked. "As expected I suppose. Please call me back when you have an update for me."

He hung up and sat the phone in his pocket. He felt great, as his plans were coming closer to completion. Like a chess player, seeing the game evolve, as his strategy become reality on the board. He had no option, but to smile as everything went well for him.

He could feel Typhon ready to break free. Any momwnt now. Ang moment and the chaos shall began, and the worls would become nothing. He knew this had to be. No other outcome.

Kym landed beside him. Her own white wings tucking themselves into her body, as if melting into her attire. She too was happy. Not of the circumstances, but what had become of her Plithos. He who fully embraced chaos, yet not overtaken by it's power. It is something that had never happen before. And that smile on his face was contagious, as her lips curled upward as well.

"So Kym," he said without turning towards her. He looked down at the moving city. "You've returned from the preparations?"

"Preparations have been made my lord," she said, bowing her head towards him.

He smiled and turned to her. "Do not be so formal. This is me you are talking to. I owe you everything."

"Sorry," she said with a slight smirk. "I may never get use to this arrangement we have."

Ryan sighed and then looked down at the city. "It's okay for now Kym. I just got an update from one of our field operatives. Most of them are captured. As I predicted"

"They made quite impressive progress," she said. "Better than I suspected even."

"Don't underestimate these demigods, they've been through hell and back. They are no different than the Godslayers in that regard. I would be disappointed if they were defeated so easily."

Suddenly, a punch came from no where from his right, throwing him from the top of the building away into an abandoned warehouse faster than he or Kym could react. He crashed through the sheet metal roof, and into empty crates that did little to break his fall. When the dust cleared and he got up, coughing, he saw Maya standing over him, sneering.

He wiped the blood from his mouth. "You're Percy's brat aren't you? It's nice to see you Maya. I guess I should have known a daughter of Percy Jackson wouldn't be the most patient."

She balled her fist. She charged him again, aiming her fist towards his face. But he dodged at the last second and jumped away to gain distance.

"I do not appreciate being assaulted like this," he said. "Leave now, and I might consider forgiving your rude behavior young lady. You might not like the consequences otherwise."

"Shut up," Maya muttered. "Be it thy father, and the holy trinity. Shall I be rebirth into a seeker of justice. Let those who have sinned in the worst be condemned . . . " a blade suddenly appeared. It had a gorgeous golden hilt wrapped in tanned leather. The guard was made of silver and purple markings and the long blade was as long as a yard stick. "To suffer from my holy blade of truth!"

"A holy Knight," he muttered in distaste. "Then I should start taking you more seriously should I?"

"Die!" she yelled and charged. In an instant he took out gauntlets made of black iron and stuffed them in each hand. They clashed, but Maya's holy sword made Ryan uneasy. She forced him back with such force that the concrete beneath them gave way to the power.

"Holy magic is so troublesome," he said irritated. He slashed at her and a line of darkness followed towards her. She batted it away with her blade and charge him. He jumped away from her slash, then parried another. She kept up with him, giving him little breathing room. She smashed her sword down at him, but he sidestepped. Her blade destroyed the ground.