Chapter 26 Not the end

Ryan's POV

So it came to this?

The nail. It was always here. And I was so incompetent to not know of its existence. I played right into Fate's hands. And my incompetence may have ended me. So, as my soul was whisked up into the great white world of heaven, I just wondered if this was where I'd spend eternity. A prisoner of heaven.

      Most would believe that heaven was a simple white plain of clouds and house parties. One of those is right. Think of it as a layered cake, and you'll get the major picture. As I went up and up, I passed more layers. Angels and gods of all kinds watched me ascend. And among them I saw familiar faces, looking up at me with confusion and interest. Souls of the dead were collected in the lower tier, while the higher tiers were reserved for angels. Giant cities were sprawled out in massive metropolises. Each of them ruled by a holy guardian. But I wasn't headed to any normal slice of heaven. No. Te Nail of Christ takes me over to the top of this cake. I was going to meet him.

     God.

     By the time I stopped, I was far above any of the other tiers. This was the heaven of heaven. Not there were any souls here. It was scarce for people. It was just a massive garden full of exotic flowers of all kinds and all varieties. I would not be surprised if this was all the species of plants in the world. What capstone this great garden was a freshwater spring, set up like a waterfall spilling into a pool of crystal clear water. And standing upon this spring was whom Is suspected.

      I scoffed. "Hello god."

      He seemed to not be paying attention to me. He looked young. His hair was nice and long, enough to flow to his waist. If I were to describe him, that was it. Past the beard, he seemed featureless but acquire every feature at the same time. Acquiring different faces and skin types. But then, he settled on someone familiar, removing the beard, and I balled my fists. He looked like my sister.

      "Will this be soothing to you Ryan?" he asked of me in a thousand voices, predominant of them was my sister. 

    I growled at him, which he didn't seem to mind. "Far from it."

    He smiled kindly at me, walking over the water without causing a single ripple. He was mesmerizing. The chaos within me seemed to curl in his presence like he was avoiding the plague. He stepped onto the garden, and immediately all the life within the realm flourished even more. Flowers bloomed and the sweet smell of nature. He stopped a few feet away from me and held up his hand. Immediately, a ball of dirt rose up. Grass stuck to it and water from the spring smoothly flowed in on its surface. I was looking at the earth. He held it in his palm and held it out to me.

     "Sorry if my form disturbed you," he said. "My creations tend to prefer if I take in the form of-"

     "Don't call me your creation," I shot back.

     He nodded, not losing his knowing smile. "Certainly. Anyway, what do you think of my work Ryan? What do you see here?"

      He gestured down to the world in his hand, slowly turning. I never met him before, and I knew he would ask this question.

     "After hundreds of years, you wish to ask me this God?" I asked him. I placed my hand on my heart. "I am a Celestial. My sole purpose is to bring order. But my nature is chaos. So I look upon your world, and that is all I see. I see false hope and lies. Love and betrayal in a constant cycle of hatred that consumes as much as the night. It is a broken machine that needs to be repaired. That needs to be fixed."

     "And this handy-man you speak of?" he asked. "You believe such a being exist? That he can solve the problem of an unfixable machine?"

     "You wouldn't make something if it didn't mean it can be salvaged," I spoke coldly. "My mission is sure and I shall take whatever precautions to make it right. Even if it means the death of trillions."