Chapter 3 The Fall of Olympus

Percy's POV

I wanted to go through the rest of eternity without seeing how this plays out. But it's like he planned from the start to get me here. All of his meticulous planning had brought me to Olympus, facing my former friends and former lover. And he was watching this like it's a joke to him. He wants to put me in the worst position, simply because it was entertaining.

But, I will never be able to stay mad at him. He has done so much to help me move on with my life and found me an outlet to focus all the hatred I feel. I know this is just another test to see how I will react. But still, I braced myself for some shaming. Some licks and possibly more. I closed my eyes, but then the unexpected happened. Someone squeezed me with a hug. Then a kiss. It was Annebeth.

My heart rose like a balloon. But then sunk like a stone. The same bigger part of me doesn't see someone I love. A betrayer kissed me instead. I held her at arm's length. Staring at her like a stranger instead of someone I used to love. I brushed myself off as if I was ridding her disease.

"What are you doing?" I asked her in a stern voice. "Who told you I would still care?"

She gave me a sad look as she retreated from my harsh words, then shoved me away. "I haven't seen you in twenty years. I thought . . . "

"That I would be happy to see you?" I sighed, trying not to get angry. But I was failing miserably. "Where were you?"

She looked confused. "What?"

"I said where were you when they hunted me like a beast. When he needed you the most. You weren't there. None of you ever gave me the slightest bit of true loyalty."

I guess I raised my voice a little too loudly. And now, they all looked ready to fight me. Even now I'm a threat. Some with weapons drawn. And surrounded me in a circle while the gods, Ryan and Zoë observed. Luke just sighed and face-palmed. I didn't understand till I looked at my own hands. They were encased in a red, fiery aura, and that they were tensed. It was my chaotic power slowly. Even the gods looked ready to fight me. Ryan sat a hand on my shoulder, and I let the aura dissipate. I know I can control it.

"Percy," Leo warned his hands on fire. "Need to chill, okay. What did you expect us to do? You set all of downtown New York on fire. Set a tsunami on Florida. Caused all the trees in the amazon wither and die."

"We had no choice but to . . ." Jason couldn't even finish his sentence.

"To kill me?" I asked. "I lost control of my powers because you made me afraid of them. All of you made me feel like these powers was a curse. Jason, I didn't know I had a daughter."

"And I didn't know I had a jackass father," Maya said.

"You're not apart of this discussion," I told her. "Besides, I'll be out of all your lives soon enough."

"What does that mean?" Annebeth asked me fearfully.

Ryan clapped his hands to return his attention to him. "Well, it's my turn. You see, I was banished out from my world, and I need to get back there as soon as possible. Now I learned about this particular formula for a spell that will aid both of our endeavors. I could use it to travel back to my world. It will also allow me to get rid of the monster Typhon. It is a win-win situation."

"That doesn't sound so bad," Leo said foolishly.

"But here's the catch," he said.

"Oh man. I really hate those."

"The item in question won't work after the winter solstice. Astronomical timing you could call it. And since I only have three to assist me, well, the rest of you might as well join along I suppose. Help speed things up.