Chapter 2 Revival of the heroes

Percy

"So," Ryan whispered in my ear as we followed my daughter towards the big house. "Who's the lovely one with the blond hair?"

I eyed him carefully. "That's my daughter."

He looked at me open mouthed, as if I was joking at first, but then in realization and shock. "I . . . uh, I knew that."

"How could you forget? You saw her."

"No, I saw her last when she was born. Not when she's a really really beautiful . . . women."

"Just don't get any stupid ideas Ryan," I warned him.

"Geez, fine. Just saying that she's cute. Can't believe she came from your ugly mug."

Among of Ryan's many talents, and the most stupid, is love. He has the power of Aphrodite at his disposal, thanks to the pendant he wears. He can make anyone fall in love with anyone. He can just blink at two random people, and in the next hour they would end up making out. Doesn't matter how resilient you are that magic can affect you.

But thankfully, I never saw him use it. And from what I can tell, he despises Aphrodite. As do I. She put us through a lot for her own amusement.

"Don't worry," he told me. "I'm not so scandalous to do such a thing."

I frowned at him. "How about those two girls in Japan?"

"That was my charm " he said. I went on.

"Or those girls in London?"

"Now that. . . "

"Should I mention Hollywood?"

"Point taken god. Let's just get this over with already."

I sighed. It isn't like I can keep in eye on him. He can run like a bat out of hell with his tale on fire. No trying to track him down. From what Zoë have told me from their past encounters, he is excellent at hiding if he wants to.

He got in front of the group; meaning me, Luke, Zoë and Maya, right outside the big house. He traced a complex circle filled with words of powers and symbols about ten feet across in the ground using his sword.

A magic circle. Able to transmit magic by the users will. As he told me, they can also increase the power of magic. He stood in the middle and held out his hand.

"We will be heading to Olympus, all aboard," he announced like a cheap train conductor. "Please keep your hands or feet where they belong inside the circle as we transport. Who knows, I might miss a finger or two."

He held up his other hand and the intricate circle of pure magic around the six of us started flashing red. Then, in a flash of light we were in Olympus in an instant.

Maya was right. We were definitely in a meeting. Chiron was behind us while the gods, in their intimidating giant sizes looked down at us. I stopped myself from attacking them on the spot, remembering my anger control training Ryan taught me. Taking A deep breathe and pulling on my thumb. It worked.

"Intruders?" Zeus bellows blew across the throne room. "Who dares interrupts unannounced at this important meeting?"

Ryan raised a hand as he came upon the gods, his appearence shocking them all. "That would be me. The ranger of Olympus. Sorry for intruding."

Zeus frowned down at him with hint of irritation. "I thought we were finished with you. Your sentence had been carried out as a ranger. Why are you here?"

"Getting right to the point I see," Ryan smiled. "It seems I have raninto a problem. I find myself stuck in this world without enough power to carry out my needs. And I, along with my servants of disorder, need to find a way back."