39. S4-Report

Beep-Beep. Beep-Beep. Beep-Beep.

It had become a habit, a terrible compulsion to just listen to the monitor tracking her heart beat all the time. I had convinced Green to give me access to her monitor file to give him a break since her vitals were supposed to be checked frequently while on her current monitoring level. I was avoiding checking the visuals and auditory files, which would have been too invasive of her privacy, but I sometimes, like even now, just kept a window open in the lower corner of my visual field so I could see the pulse blip-blipping across the screen.

"What keeps distracting you?" Tsee Blackbourne inquired. We were headed to the Administrative Offices to meet with someone from First Squad and the Second Squad captain. Supposedly, they had some advice for us regarding Sang. 

"I am just checking Sang's vitals," I reply.

An eyebrow lifted. "I thought Ista Green was taking care of that."

"He is. I help," I respond trying to keep my expression neutral, but I knew he was too perceptive to miss anything.

I received a piercing gaze. "Make sure you are paying attention during this meeting."

Really? Was he going to leave it at that?

He stopped before the office door to log a request access. Silent for a moment, we waited for entry. Just as the door started to slide open, he added, "We will discuss your preoccupation with Miss Sorenson later." 

And there it was. I knew him better than to think anything else. Oh well, let's get this over with and then I can face the inquisition.

***later****

Holy shit. Nine. I mean nine...what the fuck...wow. Not what I expected to hear. I mean. Shit. Ends to Muina, I know Si and I talked about a partnership with a woman before, but shit, I mean Luke and Gabriel and....NINE. And Tsee B was okay with it. How the fuck is a Place Sight like him going to deal with eight other... Well fucking shit. Of course, we had all figured him and Ista Green before that birthday sleepover nonsense, but I just can't get my head around this.

Tsee Blackbourne is right though. I won't lose her. She needs us. Our squad is too important. We have been through too much to let something like this break us. It can work. First Squad made it work and Second Squad is trying. Well, none of them were happy about the transfer with Coalter, but they were figuring it out. The KOTIS greysuits rarely give an explanation for their orders, but that squad change had been surprising. At least now we knew why they switched out Kevin. Would any of my Fourth Squad brothers leave? 

 Would any of my Fourth Squad brothers leave? 

**************

A/n: Sorry for the delay on updates and that this one is so short, but I wanted to post something for all of you who've been waiting.  My dad had an accident with a chainsaw and I made a trip to Florida from Vermont to help out my mom as he starts to recover.  Anyway, with the break I've lost some momentum, but hope to get back to it and post more updates soon.  Thanks for your support and patience.