59. Song and Dance

"No, absolutely not."

"Yes, absolutely yes."

"Fuck, fine let's get this over with."

I could hear North and Gabe through the door where Luke, Silas, and I were eavesdropping.

"Hee-hee," a giggle slipped out.  Luke's hand shot out to cover my mouth, but it was too late.

"I know you fuckers are out there listening!" North shouted.

"Sang, you can come in and watch.  You're next anyway.  The rest of you beat it," Gabriel called out.

The door slid open.  Before Gabriel could drag me in, Silas and Luke kissed me on opposite cheeks and promised they'd be back for the big reveal.  I let Gabriel take my hand, and tried to cool my blush with the other.

"Sang Baby, tell Gabe you like me just the way I am," North commanded with a scowl.

"I do like you just the way you are, but I want to see what Gabriel can do," I smiled back at him brightly.

He grumbled something, but sat in the chair before a desk with a variety of makeup and face prosthetics.

"We have to fool the media by changing your bone structure with these," Gabriel explained, gesturing to the collection.

Gabriel worked magic.  In the end North begrudgingly had to offer compliments on the brilliant disguises.  North's nose was widened, chin lengthened, and skin tone darkened to a deep mahogany tone.  He actually looked quite handsome, just not like my North Star.  Gabriel said it would be too hard to darken my skin that far, but I did get a sun-kissed tan.  I also got brown-colored contacts and an auburn wig.  

I was smoothing down the front of my emerald green dress when North stepped out of the bathroom in his formal wear. 

His neon orange formal wear.  His shimmery neon orange formal wear.

OMG. I thought Gabriel had been teasing this entire time!  I couldn't help it and burst into a fit of giggles.   The roar of laughter behind me meant that Luke and Silas had returned.  North was turning purple.  I think he would have attempted to retreat back into the bathroom, but Gabriel blocked his escape. 

"I...I just....ha, ha...can't...ha, ha," Luke sputtered between breaths, tears tracking down his face.

Silas clapped North on the back, barely containing his own mirth. He whispered something and North's frown eased.

Gabriel looked like the proverbial cat that got the cream. And actually, the clothes fit North really well, especially with his new fake skin tone.  

That's when Sean entered and a new round of laughter began.  Just when I thought North was going to start pummeling something or someone, Kota and Victor came in.

Their jaws dropped and Kota asked, voice trembling, "What are you wearing?" He lifted a clothing bag from the back of a nearby couch.  "I dropped this off a kasse ago while you were doing the make-up.  This is what Gabriel told Victor to order for you."

North stormed over and grabbed the bag.  He ripped off the cover to reveal a very sensible, dark blue men's formal suit.

"Thank fucking Muina," he muttered.  Then he turned on Gabriel.  He pointed, exclaiming, "You!"

Before North could attack, Luke teleported Gabriel and himself out of the apartment, leaving a wake of chuckles.

******
The concert was as lovely as I imagined it would be.  Victor was so very talented. He even played my Earth song that we spent several Kai working out.  North's arm encircled my shoulders when he noticed my eyes moisten.  It was simply beautiful.