52. Looks Like Luck

"Tsen Taylor was tested with Sonics and, fortunately, was not infected, however, he will be recovering in MedBay.  Ista Green is with him now.  Most of the Engineering and Maintenance division was infected and KOTIS has tracked the source to a distribution center in the outskirts of Konna.  Already about 500 people have tested positive and more are being called in for testing," Tsee Blackbourne relayed to those of us gathered in Kota's apartment.

"Hopefully, the idiots will actually report for testing, or this will just get fucking worse," Gabriel grumbled.

"Language, Tset Coleman," Tsee Blackbourne chided. 

I asked, "How did stickie get past scanners?"

"That is what is particularly disturbing.  It seems to be a new undetectable type.  Victor and I will be leaving soon to help the technicians in the Science Division to help develop an update for the scanning units," Kota said.

"Peanut, I can't believe I'm saying this, but thank Muina that Ionoth cat followed you back.  It caught that stickie before someone died," Nathan said putting an arm around my shoulder.

Kota added, "Still, you should never have..."

"Pet it. I know...dumb decision," I finished for him. "Cat found?"

"No," Tsee Blackbourne answered.  "It too has eluded our best scanners."

"Good," I said defiantly, crossing my arms.  That earned a millimeter smile from Tsee Blackbourne while the others all laughed.

"Tsen Lee and Tset Morgan, go to your assigned stations.  The rest of you stay in the residential wing to reduce risk of exposure to anyone who has not been cleared.  We will split the squad and will be covering two rotations tomorrow, so rest while you have the opportunity," Tsee Blackbourne instructed.

Then Kota, Victor and Tsee Blackbourne left.

"So Peanut, what do want to do?" Nathan asked, his arm still draped over my shoulder.  What did Luke and Silas think of that?  All the remaining Fourth Squad boys were looking at me in expectation. I was prevented from answering right away when a request came across the Interface.

*****
Interface Channel: private
Users: S💝, K♠yli

K: I heard North is with Brandon in MedBay since they both were down in E&M...and Corey is with Victor and Kota in SD....wanna join F🍹 and me?  Or are your other boys keeping you to themselves? 😜

S: I do not know...what you doing?

K: we are doing a Super Sight Six Marathon!!!  Have you seen the show before?

S: no...I not hear about that one.

K:you'll love it...promise...it's about six sight talent detectives...and the songstar who plays the Combat Sight talent is so fetch!  

S: well...sounds alright

K: Come on...we are having snacks! You can even drag your mutts along with if you want.

S: let me ask guys.

pause

S: G🎨be ask if F🍹 will behave...haha

K: of course she won't....but don't tell him that...just get your butts down here....we are one level below you.

End Transmission
********

I think Super Sight Six is my new favorite show. Psychic detectives!  The main character is a nightmare-ridden Place Sight talent, who is recruited by this hilariously 'New Age Guru' Sight Sight talent.  There's a good-looking but temperamental Combat Sight talent, who reminds me of North; a Gate Sight talent constantly distracted by distant, undiscovered gates into near-space; a Symbol Sight talent who loves puzzles; and a Path Sight talent who paces and fidgets restlessly, then suddenly chases off after something.  These are the Taren stereotypes of what the various Sights are like, but I think the Place Sight talent's story might help me understand Tsee Blackbourne better.