50. K-I-S-S-I-N-G

After dinner Tsee Blackbourne left to tend his roses, so Sean, Luke and I played a game over the Interface.  I sent an invite to Gabriel and Nathan at Luke's prompting. Soon we were developing underwater farms and building white stone shops on our individual islands.  Gabriel made me Lehanti of his Trouble Island and Nathan invaded Pookieville, but Luke sent reinforcements from Sugarton.

I had been nervous when Luke pulled me into his lap.  I had just kissed Sean less than a kasse ago.  What was he going to think?! However, he just smiled mischievously, and sent me an Interface message:  Luke's one of those almost-kissers, right?  Well, don't hold back on my account....unless you think he'll be bad at it...yeah, he probably would slobber all over you...better not.

I just shook my head furiously at him, surely bright pink.  He had the cheek to wink back! Oh, Mylanta! At least he did not seem jealous.  Actually, was he giving me permission, encouragement even to kiss the others?  I distracted myself with the game, putting aside thoughts of kissing and such.  Well, I tried to anyway. The memory of Sean's lips on mine was so fresh and vivid.  And, of course, I kept thinking about Luke's pretend kiss and almost-real kiss.  And all the other almost-kisses. 

Sean shot me a knowing glance so my monitored pulse was giving away the turmoil within me.  I signed out of the game and bid the guys goodnight.  Luke gave me a hug and I went to Sean's bedroom, tucking myself into the soft, citrus-smelling sheets.  I signed expecting to have trouble falling asleep.  However, the chaos of emotions and events of the day had tired me enough, so it wasn't long and my eyes drifted shut.

*********
Interface Channel: private
Users: Sean, Owen

S: I kissed her, I kissed her, I kissed her!💋

O: What are you going on about? Kissed who?

S: Owen, I am hurt....you know I haven't had eyes for anyone else since we found Sang.

O: I know.  Just before I came to the room.  Kind of hard to miss your auras when the door opened.

S: Oh, and guess what?  That was her first kiss.

Pause

S: Surprising, I know.

O: Yes, I am just...trying to wrap my head around it.

S: I couldn't believe none of the others had snuck a kiss yet. I mean, she's been sleeping in bed with all of them this whole time! 😂

O: That kind of self-control is pretty impressive.  Was she okay?

S: Well she was new at it, but she was more than okay...

O: You're misunderstanding on purpose...I mean how did she feel about it?

S: Uh..I am pretty sure she liked it...geez dude...come on!

O: You are insufferable...She wasn't traumatized by the experience, was she?

S: Traumatized!  Ends to Muina, Owen! What the fuck? TRAUMATIZED!

O: Okay, fine!...not the word I was looking for...I mean, we suspect abuse in her past...and she has been through so much...she's just...delicate...

S: Humpf!  She is not some wilting flower in your garden that needs tending.  She's stronger and braver and...just more than we could have ever hoped for!

O: I know...I know....I'm just...

S: I know...You are in love with her.

**********

I woke up briefly when Sean came to bed. He pressed a kiss to my forehead and then turned to lie on his side, facing away.  When  I woke up much later at first shift, he was on his stomach with an arm flung over my waist. I tried to scoot over to get out on the other side of the bed, only to bump into Luke.  I hadn't even noticed him earlier.  Now that I was aware of his presence, I realized there were hints of vanilla mixed with the stronger citrus scent.  I pushed myself up to sit against the headboard.  My movement roused Luke and he looked up at me with a sleepy smile.  His blonde hair was as tousled as my own must be. I covered a yawn then smiled back. 

He asked, "Remember those 'pancakes' you made awhile ago?" I nodded.  "I have the stuff to make them back at my place with a special ingredient."

"Sounds good," I whispered back.

We quietly made our way out of the room and then continued on towards Luke and Gabriel's apartment down the hall.

"Chocolate!" I exclaimed in wonder, when he presented his special ingredient. Maybe it was some new confidence Sean had given me, or just the need to be close to Luke, or...I am not sure... maybe it was just the chocolate, but the urge to kiss Luke hit me so strongly.  Before I could let myself overthink, I darted in and placed the lightest, fastest peck of a kiss on his lips.  Then I grabbed the chocolate and rushed into the kitchen.  I immediately started fumbling with mixing bowls and pans and making quite a ruckus.  All alone. I chanced a glance over my shoulder.  Luke still in the middle of the seating area, eyes wide and arm up still frozen as when he'd held the chocolate.  A piece, of which, I tossed into my mouth because I was kinda shocked myself that I'd done it.  Wow! I had done it...I kissed Luke...Oh, Mylanta! I KISSED Luke.  

Finally, he turned to me, surprise still written on his face, but that was quickly replaced with determination.  He stalked over and pulled me into a tight embrace, lips descending on mine.

Not a bad kisser at all.