Chapter 8 - Joe!!

Ivan's P.O.V.

"You've got to kidding me", I said keeping my spoon back in the untouched soup bowl.

"Why? Can't she go on any trip?", Emma asked.

"Stop being so naive. She had a baby to take care of her. Also, why are you taking so much interest in sending her anywhere? She could decide things for her", I said.

"She's a kid. So what if she had a baby or if she's married. She's just eighteen. She also had the rights to enjoy", Emma said.

"Did she ask you to talk to me on this topic? Who told you about this trip? As far as I know, I've not shared anything with you", I said.

"Parker visited today here at morning for giving some notes to Vena. He asked her if she wants to join for this trip but she denied. I don't like it", Emma said.

"Your liking doesn't matter. If she doesn't want to go then don't force her. Also, it's for five days. She can't afford this much", I reasoned out. My sister had gone mad.

She grimaced and then without a word, left the dining table. I sighed and had my soup. After having my dinner, I came to my room and checked for my pocket money. I had enough money to submit fees for this trip and had fun too. Great, I'm all set.

I placed some money in my wallet to submit the fees for the trip and retired to bed. Parker was absent today at college, now I know why. He came to meet Hazel.

I didn't get time to ask him about Hazel and Nick's fight but I'm going to get enough time to ask him about this on trip. Thinking about the upcoming trip, I drifted to sleep.

*******************

Next day, I was getting ready for my college when my mobile rang. It was from an unknown number.

"Hello", I said and froze hearing the person from other side of line.

"Hello. I'm Dylan Pat, crime branch officer. Am I talking to Ivan Green?", I heard a very firm voice.

"Speaking", I said trying to show myself calm.

"Mr. Ivan Green. You've to come to meet me today at police station. There's something important to discuss with you", he said.

"But why? What did I do now?", I asked.

"It's not about now. Someone had reopened your case and had appealed for further investigation. I'm afraid but you've to show at the police station. Meet me at ten sharp. Don't be late", he said and cut the call. I sighed and sat down on my bed.

Reopen my case? But why? When everything was settled then why do they need to reopen that case. I'm not guilty and it was proved then who the hell want to push me again in this matter?

You're partly guilty and you know that, my inner self said.

Go away, I shut it up.

I came out of my room and Emma looked at me. She raised her eyebrows as if she could read what's going on in my mind.

"Are you ok?", She asked.

"I've to go to the police station today", I said and draged the chair and sat on it. I pulled the glass of juice towards me.

"Why? What have you done?", She asked.

"They're reopening that case", I said and Emma's eyes widened.

"But why? What-", before she could ask further, we're interrupted by Hazel's presence.