Chapter 42 - Confront!!

Ivan's P.O.V.

Two days have passed and there's no news of neither Hazel nor her friend Nathan. I was going crazy with each passing minute. Where on the earth is she? I even contacted Parkar but he has no news of her as well. Emma is worried about her well. She talks about Hazel almost every other hour.

I walked out of my house to visit Joe. She has planned a dinner date. I can't deny her. I checked my mobile for one last time. There was no new message from Nathan's bodyguard.

I will find you, Hazel. Just wait.

Parking my bike outside Joe's house, I climbed down and walked inside. I rang the doorbell. After one minute, Joe opened the door. She had worn a black little dress. Her hair were open and they're a bit wavy. The makeup she had on her face just made me weak in my knees. She's just a goddess. I couldn't take my eyes off her for two minutes straight.

"I know I'm looking beautiful but will you speak at least?", She teased me. She came closer and sealed my lips with her. I pulled her towards me. I closed my eyes to kiss her deeply but a pair of hazel green eyes flashed across my mind.

I immediately opened my eyes and broke the kiss. Joe gave me a satisfactory smile and holding my hand, she let me in. My heart beat raced up. What was that? Why did Hazel appear in front of my eyes? Why did I stop kissing Joe? What's happening, goddammit?

The main hall was decorated with scented candles and Joe took me to the couch. She sat on my lap. The atmosphere tensed up. I was getting turned on. She softly kissed my ear lobe and bit it. I groaned in pleasure. I am finding it hard to hold myself. I'm a guy and she's just too hot to resist.

"Do you want to have dinner first or should I give you dessert?", She whispered in my ears. I made her face me. I looked into her eyes. She wanted me as much as I wanted her at that moment. Her eyes reminded me of Hazel and I felt my mood turning off all of a sudden.

"I'll have a meal first. I'm hungry", I said and she smiled.

"Okay. As you say", she said and then with a quick peck on my lips, she got up from my lap. She walked to the dining table and I followed her.

What's wrong with me? I had such an amazing opportunity to pick her up and take her to the bed. I could have made her mine at this very moment but I couldn't. Why is Hazel on my mind so much? Joe is my crush. I'm mad about her. Isn't this what I've always wanted? Haven't I seen enough dreams to make her scream my name? Why am I not taking participation now?

I sat on the chair and Joe sat next to me. She poured pasta and red wine for me and for herself. I glanced at her and passed her a smile. She smiled back.

"I've made your favourite dishes", she said. I filled my spoon and tasted it. It was delicious.

"It's amazing", I complimented her. Her big hopeful eyes smiled. She nodded and started eating.

Joe is behind all this, a faint voice echoed in my mind. It was from Hazel. Why did she blame Joe?

I glanced at Joe. She looked at peace and was enjoying her food. If Joe was culprit, she would have been a bit tensed and nervous. But she's here decorating her house to spend time with me. Joe is innocent for sure. Hazel is complicated.

"Joe", I decided to confront her about Hazel's allegations.

Joe must know what wrong Hazel was talking about her.