Chapter 46 - The End!!

🍁"If you can't get somebody off your mind, they're probably supposed to be there"🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ivan's P.O.V.

I woke up the next day with the rays of sun flashing right on my face. I groaned as I pulled the duvet over my face. I've no energy of leaving my bed today. Right after driving back to my house, I walked straight to my bedroom and as soon as my tired body hit the bed, I slept. My body is not physically hurt. But do you know? The mental drain is worse than a physical drain. Your mind can paralyze your whole body. It was so much for me to take in. Joe breaks me in a way no one ever can. A knock on my door disturbed me. I don't want to meet anyone. I don't want to hear any voice. I want this loneliness to eat me away so that this pain fades away. The guilt of liking a wrong girl more than she deserves is eating me out. The agony of my lost teacher and the thought of Vena's sufferings are taking a toll on me.

I don't deserve to call her Hazel anymore.

"Ivan. Can I come in?", It was Emma. I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep when I heard the door being opened.

I heard Aiden's calling out my name. "Ivan uncle is sleeping, baby. We'll see him later", I heard Emma cooing him. The door was closed back and their voices fade away. Tears of helplessness rolled down my closed eyes. Aiden doesn't belong to Vena.

Why God is so rude to her?

I picked up my mobile. Olivia gave it to me yesterday. I searched for Vena's name. I dialled it. The call was going on but no one was picking it up. Is she not awake yet? I glanced at the mobile screen. It was eleven in the morning. I left my bed reluctantly. I walked into the shower and stood under hot water. It was soothing. It helped my body to relax but my heart and my mind were in pain yet. I wore a black hoodie and black denim. I walked out of my room holding my bike keys. I need to meet Vena. I promised her to be her real-life Santa but all I could gift her was trouble.

"Ivan. You're up. Come and have breakfast with me and Aiden", Emma called me. She was feeding Aiden. I walked to her and sat on one of the chairs. I filled my glass with orange juice and drank it in one go. I need to hydrate myself. I need to eat to have energy so that I can take care of Vena.

Emma didn't question me about my absence. She was very quiet which was odd. I don't want to talk to her about anything either. After finishing my breakfast, I left my house. She didn't question me where am I even going! I sat on my bike and drove to Vena's house.

Parking my bike outside her house, I stood there for a few minutes busy staring at the house. I was contemplating whether I should go in or should I give her space? What will I do is she gets angry at me? What am I supposed to say her? Sorry? Or It will be alright? Does my apology matters to her? Will my words have any slightest effect on her broken heart? Am I even capable enough to heal her wounds?

I was in my thoughts when I saw the main door being opened. Ron walked out of the house. What the hell is he doing here with her? He saw me. I saw bandages around his forehead and his bandaged arm. He walked to me and stood in front.

"What are you doing here?", He asked.

I should be the one asking him that question.

"I came to see my friend", I responded.

"She's sleeping right now. Would you mind coming here in the evening?", He said. I clenched my jaws. Nerve of him telling me what to do.