Chapter 20 - Operation!!

Ivan's P.O.V.

The smell of medicines, phenol and various other fragrances made me nauseous as soon as I entered the hospital. People were running here and there with a tensed look, some were sitting in the waiting area consoling each other. Nurses, ward boys walking here and there holding trays and stretchers. Everyone was busy, all lost in their own world.

Some were happy and smiling holding a small new version of themselves welcoming the new lives in their lives, their child. Some were mourning over the death of their loved ones. I hate hospitals. My sister lost her child, I lost Joe once here.

I walked to the reception area and asked for Hazel. She checked something in her laptop and then told me the way. I thanked her and gave her a last glance before walking away. This lady at the reception must have witnessed way too many lives and death. She doesn't seem fazed by agitating visitors at all.

Tightening the grip over the bag, I walked to the lift and pressed the button to the second floor. Along with five more people I walked out of the lift and turned right. Breath left my senses for a second seeing Hazel in front of me. She was on the floor with a lady holding her hair in her grip. In front of me, she slapped her so tightly that her lips bleed.

Somehow I found myself raging in anger. It was a private area so only three people were present here. Hazel, that lady and a man in his forties who was standing there quietly watching the whole show.

"You bi***. How dare you steal our grandson from us? He's in this position only because of us. If anything happens to him, I'll kill you", the lady said and again slapped her.

"Stop there mam", I yelled. Three pairs of eyes looked up at me. I walked over there and holding the lady by her arm, I pushed her away from Hazel and stood in between them.

"What the hell are you doing?", I asked glaring at him.

"Who are you?", She asked. I noticed the expensive clothes she had worn and the amount of pride she had in her eyes. She's a powerful person.

"Who are you to treat a girl like shit?", I asked.

"We're not bound to answer you anything. This girl stole our grandson from us. By God's grace, today we met her in this hospital and got to know about our Aiden", she said looking disgracefully at Hazel.

"You stay out of it. This is our personal matter. Get out", this time the man says who was standing quietly a few seconds before.

"Oh, so you do speak. I thought you are dumb", I backfired and he clenched his fist.

"Mr. Green. Why are you here?", I turned around after Hazel addressed me. Her lips were bleeding and I saw imprints on her cheeks.

"I came here to deliver this bag to you. Emma will be here by any minute", I said and she didn't look up to see me.

"Thanks for the bag", Hazel said taking the bag from me and then said, "You may leave now". Her eyes were still on the floor.

"No way. These people will kill you", I said and glared at them.

The lady chuckled and said, "She's a real slut. How many days had she warmed your bed?". This caught on my nerves.