Chapter 37 - Three Wishes!!

Ivan's P.O.V.

"Paris?", Emma asked as she placed the tray of coffee cups on the table and started passing them one by one to all the members sitting on the couch. I glanced at the girl standing at the entrance of the kitchen holding Aiden listening to our conversation.

Ignore her, my mind advised.

"It's our silver jubilee next week. We've completed twenty-five years of our marriage", said Mr. Ashton. Mrs. Ashton smiled.

"That's very beautiful news. Congratulations", mom said with a smile. Joe looked at me and she grinned. I passed her a smile of my own. My eyes ditched my permission and out of reflex landed back on the kitchen. Hazel was feeding orange to Aiden. She looked happy.

"We've decided to have a family reunion. Since Joe and Ivan are getting along each other, it'd be great if families start knowing each other as well", said Mr. Greg Ashton.

"I second with dad. We've decided to have four days and five nights trip to Paris. It'd be fun", Said Joe's dad.

"We've no issues. It's been so long since our family have gone on any trip also. We're in", my mom said and dad just nodded. I looked at Emma. She was smiling like a Cheshire cat. I sighed. It's been so long since she's been dying to be with mom and dad. Troy who came about fifteen minutes ago nodded in yes showing his approval too.

Fine. Everyone agreed it seems!!

"If everyone is okay with the decision then I've no issues either", my dad said and he glanced at me. I gave him a neutral look and looked away. Just because we're going for a so-called family trip doesn't make us a family. It is called a formality. I'll be doing it for Joe and Emma, that's it. I glanced at Hazel who was busy with Aiden.

Will she come with us?

Everyone started chatting amongst themselves. My mom and Mrs. Asthon joined Emma in the kitchen. All the men of the family glued themselves on the couch as soon as Troy turned on the television to see a football match. I saw Hazel walking upstairs to the guest room with Aiden. I decided to talk to her. I got up from my seat all ready to walk out only when someone holds my hand from behind.

I turned around and saw Joe standing. She asked, "Would you like to spend some quiet time together?". I wanted to refuse but I couldn't upset her. So, I nodded. She smiled and we both walked to my room. Joe closed the door but didn't lock it. I sat on my bed with a half heart. Other half of my heart was dying to go upstairs to have a conversation with those Hazel green pair of eyes.

I don't even know what am I supposed to be talking to her? All I know is to have some sort of chat with her on any topic. It can be random. But I want her to look at me. That's it.

Why am I so desperate for her attention?

"Are you okay with this family get together idea? I just wanted everyone to get along", Joe said as she entwined our hands together

"Are you happy?", I asked and she nodded with a smile.

"That's what matters", I said shrugging my shoulder and she grinned. She kissed my cheeks.

"I want to tell you one secret", she said.

"I'm listening", I said.

"Our parents have decided to get us engaged on this trip", She said and my eyes widened.

"What?", I asked as I get up from the bed.