Chapter 22 - Aiden's Family!!

Ivan's P.O.V.

I stared right into her green-brown eyes. They're smiling at me. I opened my mouth to speak but words ditched me and stuck inside my throat. I'm speechless. Hazel passed me a satisfactory smile.

She said what?

"Excuse me?", I asked. Although I heard her loud and clear, I couldn't just digest her words.

"Oh, my mistake", she said keeping her hand over her lips and then said, "Actually The Crystals. I almost forgot Emma is no more Green now. She's Emma Green Crystal, right?".

"Why will you do that?", I asked.

"Because I know Emma will be a good mother", she said with a dreamy sigh.

"Troy will never agree. Emma had tried hard to adopt a baby before, he'll never say yes to your offer", I replied. I feel sad for Emma. Troy's orthodox thinking is being a burden to her path of becoming a mom. He wants someone who is his own blood.

Hazel smiled at me and said, "Really!". She had an amused smile on her face as if she's mocking me. What's with her now? Why is she positive?

"Sorry. The call went long", Joe came back and I couldn't talk further. Why will Hazel give her sister's baby to my sister? Why is she being so good to us? What's her motive?

"What were you guys talking about?", Joe asked.

"I was telling him about the family I'm choosing for Aiden", Hazel spoke before me.

"Really. Which family have you chosen?", Joe asked excitedly. She was looking so happy for Hazel. Our order arrived in mean time.

"First let me confirm things, then I'll tell you", Hazel said and Joe smiled.

"I'm so happy for you", Joe said and she smiled. Hazel looked at me. I was already staring at her. Passing me a small smile of assurance, she slid her coffee mug towards her and sipped it.

I had our meal quickly. I was now in a rush to go home. I want to ask a hell lot of questions with this girl sitting right in front of me who had a gorgeous pair of eyes and who always left me yearning to read them more.

Hazel got up first from her seat holding her bag and said, "I'll be leaving first".

"No. Wait", I said immediately getting up from my seat. Joe raised her eyebrows at me and Hazel too looked at me. My curiosity actually brings the worst out of me.