Chapter 30 - Parker's Sister!!

Ivan's P.O.V.

She pulled away soon and I felt like I could breathe again. Looking up at me, she smiled. I could see she meant this smile of appreciation she had for me on her lips for the very first time. Her smile is gorgeous. My hands reached out to her face and I wiped away the last shred of tears from the corner of her beautiful eyes. When did she become this beautiful?

"Are you ok?", I found myself talking.

"I'm because of you", she said and I felt good. Her words kinda soothe me. They healed my wounded ego like magic. I forgot that I'm mad at her because she slapped me yesterday.

"I'm there for you always", I said and she nodded. She looked she would cry again. Her chin puckered and she took a deep breath. I saw her cheeks having handprints. I touched them but she flinched in pain.

"Does that bastard hit you?", I asked closing my fist. I felt angry all of a sudden. She didn't respond.

She turned away from me with her back facing me. I felt this strong need to hug her again but I couldn't.

"Sorry, I'm all around the place right now. Give me some alone time to get my shit together", she said. Her voice was muffled.

"You can cry if you want to", I said.

"I don't want to cry in front of you", she said giving me a half view of her.

"Why?", I asked.

Why can't you be normal with me but anyone else? Why can't you be as free with me as you're with Parker?, I wanted to ask but I lack RIGHTS.

"Because we're not close", saying so, she walked away. I stood there dumbfoundedly. She made me realise about our current situation in the click of a finger. I walked back to the college with a messed up head.

Hazel and I are not close. She's so damn right. Who is she to me? Friends? No. Strangers? No. I know her more than enough to remove the tag of strangers. Am I just sympathetic towards her? Why do I feel good when she's around me?

'Do I have a crush on Hazel?', I heard a faint voice inside my body.

"What the heck? That's not possible. It's not gonna happen. Nope. Never", I yelled out loudly to make sure I hear it.

Taking my coffee as I planned earlier from the canteen, I took a vacant seat. I sipped my coffee with only one girl passing through my mind. Vena Aniston. Her smile, her eyes, her tears, her badass self, her every single statement and the small moments we share till now is fresh and clear in my mind. I remember her every single word and our first meeting. Did I think about her so much? Did she ever leave my mind?

Why am I thinking about her? She doesn't even give a damn about me. All she cared for is Joe, Parker, Emma, Aiden, Her revenge from Ron and I'm sure she will even care about the stranger she will talk today but I don't exist for her even. She rejects me like anything and here I'm. Always wondering about her like a complete idiot.

And what's funnier is the fact that I never ever thought about Joe this much ever. The time I had developed feelings for Joe, they're intense. I wanted her, I needed her. I wanted so badly to make her mine. And for Hazel, I have no such emotions in my heart. So, it can't be a crush. I want to help her. I feel good to see her smile. Maybe I'm accepting her as a friend.