Chapter 31 - Caring About You!!

Ivan's P.O.V.

Sitting right in front of me, busy talking to Emma and Troy is Miss. Hazel aka Vena Aniston. She's so immersed in talking to them that my presence is not even appreciated by her. She ignores me like professionals as if this is her job. Ten ways to ignore The Ivan Green and how to do that? Someone can go and learn these tips from this girl sitting in front of me.

She picked up the glass of juice and sipped it. A drop rolled down her lips which she wiped with the back of her hand. I saw a silver bracelet on her left hand which says 'XOXO'.  She passed a hand through her open hair and tuck the few loose strands behind her ear. Her small white pearl tops came into sight as soon as those strands of hairs were removed behind. Her eyes were shining with happiness when Aiden sat on her lap.

What's so special about her?

"I'm getting bored", I heard a soft whisper next to my left ear breaking my staring session. I turned to my side and saw Joe pouting at me.

Did I forget about her sitting next to me? What's wrong with me?

Joe held my hand and entwined our fingers. I looked in front to see if Hazel witnessed this act of love Joe just pulled out. Hazel didn't give a look to our side. Not even for once. Wait a second. Why am I worried about her thinking?

Oh my god. I'm going crazy!!

"What do you wanna do?", I asked.

"Can we please ditch this gathering? I wanna have some quality time with you only", she said and I smiled. She's so adorable.

"Quality time, huh? Netflix and chill?", I asked.

"Sounds fun to me", Joe smirked as she immediately pulled me down by holding collars of my shirt and quickly pecked on my lips. I smiled and then nodded. As soon as I looked in front, I saw Hazel looking at two of us. She passed a smile to Joe and a blank look to me.

"Ivan, do you want to join us for a mini trip this weekend?", Emma asked.

"Sure. Where are we going?", I asked. I always try my best to spend some time with Emma and Troy and now Aiden too. We're a family afterall.

"Troy, Aiden and I will be going to the new farmhouse we've bought a few months ago. We'll spend this weekand there", Emma asked.

I glanced at Joe and asked, "Do you want to join us?". She smiled happily.

"I'd love to if only Emma won't mind. I don't want to meddle in family matters", she said.

"Oh, don't be silly. You're most welcome", Emma replied. I smiled. Ofcourse, Joe is a family too.

"Thanks", Joe beamed in happiness. I glanced at Hazel. She was just smiling listening to our conversation.

Will Hazel join us?

"I should be going now. Ron must be waiting for me", Hazel said picking up her bag from her side as she got up.

"Let me walk you out", Emma said as she got up too.

"No. It's really fine. You guys talk. I'll leave. Take care", she said and then she hugged Emma and left after saying Bye to all of us. I saw her walking out.