✧two

CHAPTER TWO

✦✦✦✦✦

"your car is very nice." jimin complimented as they stepped towards it. it had a slick red paint job, patent leather seats, and seemed to be worth more than his entire being. he never really had been a car enthusiast or very knowledgeable about them, so he wasn't quite sure of the model— but it was definitely a luxurious foreign one.

"thank you." jungkook replied, letting jimin unlock it with the key remote before getting inside.

as soon as he sat down in the driver's side, the boy placed the sucker he had been holding in his hand back into his mouth, letting his lips engulf the stick to hold it. he put on his seat belt and placed the keys inside of the ignition and allowed jungkook to enter his address in the gps before starting to pull off and merge into traffic. the soft hum of old classic music started to play, frank sinatra's voice gently singing to fill the silent air.

"you seem to know your way around a sports car." jungkook commented, noticing how easily the boy managed to handle his.

jimin tried to move his lollipop to the side of his mouth in order to speak. his hands held the wheel securely, and his eyes focused on the road ahead. "my roommates and friends have a fad for sport cars as well, so i've driven theirs a few times. personally, i don't see the appeal of wasting money on such things."

the male's eyes widened as he realized what he had just said. he wasn't too familiar with the boy he was next to so he didn't know how he would possibly take such an honest opinion about something he clearly liked. for all he knew, he could have just offended the man.

"sorry, i don't know why i said that out loud."

"it's alright." jungkook laughed, shaking his head. he looked back over to jimin's face, admiring it in the night lighting with all the colorful lights illuminating off of the busy streets. "speaking your mind is good, don't be afraid to speak freely."

the silver haired male took a quick peek at the brunette before looking back to the road. if he was really granting him permission to say what he wanted, he might as well.

"i just don't really get why you'd want something that costs so much when you could get a nice car twenty times less the price." he started again, feeling comfortable enough to not hold back. "like you have so many rings on your fingers and wear such overly nice clothing, i just don't understand why."

as the light ahead switched to red, jimin turned back to jungkook to see his expression. although he had said to speak his mind, he was still a little wary about casually just judging him like this. though, jungkook didn't look the slightest bit bothered, if anything, he seemed to be amused.

"i like beautiful things, jimin." the gentle, smooth way he had said that gave the smaller boy chills. "if something is beautiful, i don't care how much i have to give to own it."

while they were talking about items and the money they were worth, his words seemed to have an ulterior meaning. it was as if he wasn't just referring to the conversation; as if it was deeper than that. when the man's eyes met jimin's, he quickly looked ahead again, feeling something build up inside of him. was it nervousness or anticipation?

"that seems very materialistic, jeon jungkook."

"if that's what you want to think." the man responded, disagreeing in the statement, but making no effort to argue.

as the gps told jimin to turn on the next left they finally made it to a grand hotel. pulling up into the front, he managed to park the car, shutting off the engine right after. jimin looked up at the huge hotel, eyebrows furrowing.

"you're staying at a hotel? are you not from seoul?"

jungkook laughed at the question, shaking his head. "i am. i own the penthouse here."

the silver haired male's mouth dropped at the words. sure he also had quite a bit of money, as well as his roommates, but they just had a nice apartment; not anything as lavish as a penthouse. it must be the whole 'if it's beautiful, i want it' characteristic about the man that made him buy it. truthfully, it wasn't that surprising, but jimin definitely did doubt how famous the man must have been to own such things.

as soon as jimin snapped out of his amazement he took out the sucker still in his mouth. jungkook watched as he handed back over his keys and took out his phone with a raised eyebrow. oh right! jimin was going to call a taxi service to come pick him up.

before he even got the chance to fully dial in the number, the tall brunette man stepped up towards him, gently grabbing his hand holding the phone. "you can come in with me if you want? it's pretty late and i would hate having you waste your money on a cab. it's the least i can offer since you drove me home."

jimin held his sucker in his cheek, looking up to purposely connect eyes with him. the offer was kind of sudden and he wanted to see how sincere the man was being. he didn't want him to feel as though he had to repay him for doing such a small favor.

"oh, it's okay. my roommates will be worried if i'm not back in the morning."

"so they're not going to be at your place for the night?"

"ah-" jimin realized the same thing. if he went home now, he'd be all alone. "they're out partying with some close friends. they'll probably be back early tomorrow though."

"are you okay staying all night by yourself?" jungkook asked, refusing to leave the boy's side until he knew exactly what he was doing and that he would be okay.

"i think so." jimin nodded his head.

"you think or you know?"

a frown rose on jimin's lips as he really thought about it. he hadn't been in seoul more than a couple months now and didn't enjoy being by himself. in fact, the reason he had decided to move in with his friends was so he wouldn't be by himself, yet tonight everyone's plans weren't all that correlated.

if anything, maybe spending a little bit of time with jungkook would be okay. he didn't seem to be that bad of a person. sure his career choice was a little surprising at first, but it wasn't something jimin was going to keep in his mind forever or be a reason why they couldn't try and become friends. maybe after a little bit of hanging out with the tall brunette one of his friends might decide to come home early and he wouldn't have to be all alone.

"okay." the small boy finally spoke out. "i suppose a little while wouldn't be awful."

as jungkook heard the words a soft smile appeared on his face making the boy even more comfortable.