✧fourteen

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

✦✦✦✦✦

"you were amazing." the higher pitched voice complimented.

jungkook smiled, tugging his shirt over his head to put it on. he grabbed his phone and keys, stuffing both of them into his back pockets before turning to the male praising him.

"i'm glad you think so. are you ready to go?"

"of course," jimin nodded, clasping his hand over his mouth as he let out a yawn. "i'm still so tired."

jungkook walked behind him, pulling his small body against his own. his head rested on the shorter male's shoulder making his brown hair fall in front of his closed eyes. his strong arms wrapped around jimin's waist for support as he leaned against him. "as am i."

"welcome home." jungkook muttered, sleepily throwing himself onto the couch.

jimin laughed, walking over to the sofa and kneeling down to pet his head. his small fingers ran through the brunette locks in a stroking, calming motion.

"it's not my home, it's yours." jimin smiled when he heard jungkook let out soft sighs, his breathing starting to slow down.

"consider it your second home. you can come here whenever you want." the man answered, his hair still being soothed.

a little bit of time went by before jungkook decided to finally open his eyes. jimin was smiling down warmly at him, so the older started admiring every last feature of his face. seeing the silver haired boy this close up was always a blessing. he's so beautiful.

"come here." jungkook motioned towards the space on the couch in front of him. he backed up until his back hit the throw pillows so the other would have enough room to be comfortable.

jimin took off his shoes and jacket, placing them on the coffee table as well as his phone and disguise he was wearing to hide his face earlier. he slipped onto the couch facing away from jungkook so he would be spooning him. the man greeted him by pulling him close enough to where his back was pressed against his chest.

jungkook slung an arm around jimin's side, laying the palm of his hand flat against the younger's stomach.

"you feel so warm." jungkook whispered, enjoying the way the smaller was practically radiating out body heat.

"that's probably because you're so cold."

"oh, sorry." jungkook frowned, not realizing. "do you want me to stop holding you?"

jimin hummed in disapproval as he placed his own hand over the male's large one that rested against his abdomen. "no, cuddle me more."

the man followed his instructions, nuzzling his face into the back of jimin's neck. his nose lightly ran across the sensitive skin which made chills go down the smaller's spine. gently, jungkook pressed his lips on it in a soft kiss.

"i need to sleep, but i also want to be awake to hold you."

"i don't have any plans," jimin's hand played with jungkook's long fingers that were laying on his torso. "so if you wanted to stay like this all day i'd be up for it."

"that sounds lovely."

they laid silently for a little while, both just enjoying the warmth they got from the close contact and the feeling of the other breathing against their bodies. jimin had only ever been spooned by his friends before in just a platonic way, and usually ended up kicking them away for being selfish with the limited room involved, but this was quite nice. when he cuddled against taehyung or seokjin it didn't mean anything special and he did it absentmindedly. when he did it with jungkook, he was focusing on the way his fingers would slowly massage his abdomen and how quickly he could feel his heart beating against his back, but at the same time, he was also completely relaxed. they were both comforting, but in different ways.

"honestly..." jungkook started speaking again. "i haven't been in a relationship for a very long time. i don't really know how fast or slow we're supposed to take this."

"i don't think pacing is what really matters in a relationship, i think it's about how you and the other person connect and feel about each other. i'm fine with how things are now, and i'm also fine with starting something official. so, maybe we should just wait until the moment feels right— whether that be tomorrow or a awhile from now."

jungkook nodded, pressing another gentle kiss on jimin's neck. he would be very satisfied being able to call jimin his own right now, but at the same time, he was already satisfied regardless. the way they were now and the future they have yet to start would surely be amazing either way.