✧three

CHAPTER THREE

✦✦✦✦✦

the way up the elevator of the grand hotel, the two men stood in silence, neither making eye contact. jimin would occasionally look at the taller man's shoes just to make sure he hadn't moved since although he didn't seem like a bad person, he was still a stranger and he couldn't immediately be too trusting in case something were to happen. very different in comparison to jimin's slight paranoia, jungkook was more than calm, a sharp emotionless expression on his face the entire time.

a quiet 'ding' rang out as the elevator hit the very top floor, the doors opening up to reveal a glamorous looking foyer. the entire penthouse was mainly white and black, the side wall being entirely made of glass as well as the large staircase. just from the view the elevator could provide, jimin was awestruck— the beautiful night skyline view was one of the most amazing things he had probably ever seen.

"welcome to my humble abode." jungkook smiled, guiding jimin inside.

the silver haired male's eyes danced upon each and every thing in view, trying to take everything in. he must have really underestimated how much jungkook did indeed love buying and cherishing beautiful items. from the chandeliers, to the fine imported furniture, everything was without a doubt the highest of its quality.

"if you call such a home humble, i would hate to see your reaction to my own." he muttered, his eyes glistening with all of the shiny objects reflecting off of them.

jungkook gave a little laugh, stepping further into his penthouse. "i'm sure your home is just as lovely as you are, jimin. fine people tend to have fine tastes."

though the words were quite flattering, jimin thought the compliment applied more to the speaker of them than himself. a light blush spread across his cheeks, but it was nothing too apparent. he was quite a reserved boy around people he wasn't all that familiar with, so any nice words or compliments were always quite pleasant and managed to make him feel like a little kid that had just been handed out free candy.

"i appreciate that jungkook, but your home really is quite jaw dropping."

a deep attractive laugh left the man as he walked towards the kitchen. "since someone like you approves of my taste, i suppose i should take it to heart." jungkook opened up the fridge and pulled out a bottle of some champagne. "would you care to join me for a glass, jimin? it's almost midnight."

a small smile spread on the boy's face as he started walking towards the other male. though he was still a little on the fence about coming into the man's home and hanging out together after knowing one another for a very limited amount of time, he found the offer very polite and had no problem at all having a drink with him. to be quite frank, jimin found the man rather attractive and was very intrigued by his unusual career choice. he had never met someone in that work field before as far as he knew, and he was curious what it was like, and what kind of person jeon jungkook really had to be in order to do it.

they sat down at the white marbled island facing across from one another. jungkook placed a glass in front of jimin and himself before gracefully pouring the fizzy light colored liquid into each one. jimin hummed in delight as he brought the cup up to his lips, the sweet flavored drink filling his mouth.

"this tastes amazing." the silver haired male commented, taking another sip.

jungkook laughed, drinking a bit of his own. "i'm glad you like it."

despite how nice the atmosphere felt and how comfortable jimin found himself growing in the tall man's presence, there was still something missing: proper conversation. since they had only met a little while ago, the pair didn't really have much to talk about, or know if they should even try to do so. while jungkook didn't seen fazed by the silence, jimin's head swarmed with so many questions he wanted to ask, but was too nervous to voice.