✧six

CHAPTER SIX

✦✦✦✦✦

"hey." the man leaning against his luxurious red car looked up from his phone at the voice. jungkook straightened out his posture, greeting the boy that had just walked out of the apartment building with a smile. jimin returned it, stepping up towards him. "sorry if i made you wait."

"you didn't, don't worry. even if you had, i wouldn't have minded too much." the older reassured.

they both stood in front of each other for a moment, eyes shamelessly admiring one another. jungkook was a lot more casually dressed today, but he still looked as refined and expensive of a man as ever. he had a plain white shirt on tucked into some black slim fitted pants with a black belt adorned at his waist. luckily, it made jimin feel a lot less bad about overdressing for the outing.

jimin shyly took a step back as he looked back up at jungkook's eyes,
noticing the man had been staring at his face intently.

"is everything alright, jungkook?"

"sorry, i was just thinking about how ravishing you look right now."

the small boy felt his mouth slack at the compliment. being a model he had probably heard it all— every type of praise or endearment from his friends and coworkers, as well as from fans and articles, but he couldn't recall ever being called something like that. it was so flattering that it was almost embarrassing how much jimin liked it.

"as do you as well, jungkook." the younger managed to stutter out.

the brunette stepped to the passenger side of his car, opening up the door for the silver haired male to go inside. the nineteen year old took a seat, jungkook shutting the door for him before getting in on the diver's side. he started up his car, the engine roaring to life. "i'm glad you think so."

they took off, both males sitting in silence as the radio played some vintage sounding soft melody. it sounded like an orchestra of some kind harmonizing together to play a hauntingly calm tune. though they didn't speak to each other right away, the drive was comfortable. the lack of conversation wasn't anything awkward, both men just enjoyed the music and the other's presence.

not after too long, jungkook pulled up outside of a cute looking lounge coffee shop. it was one that jimin recognized; one that was known for it's soft rich pastries. a grin appeared on the boy's face as he excitedly took off his seatbelt and opened the door for himself, not waiting for the other to do so before him.

jungkook laughed as he exited his car as well, joining the male as they walked up to the shop's entrance. he held the door open, allowing the boy to walk ahead of him. jimin bit his lip as he thought about what kind of cheesecake he wanted to get. perhaps his usual, or something different?

"what can i get for you?" the young woman at the counter asked him politely as soon as she finished giving the person previously in front of him their change.

"i'll have..." his eyes flashed over their flavor menu on the counter for a moment before deciding. "a strawberry cheesecake and a water
please." the woman wrote down his order as he turned to the man a little bit behind him. "what would you like?"

jungkook rested his hand on the counter as he looked down at the menu, his chest slightly pressing against jimin's back in order to read. the shorter of the two bit the inside of his cheek at the contact. it seemed like even the smallest things made him tense up or his mind start going into overdrive, and yet, jungkook didn't seem to think twice or even really pay much mind to them at all.

"i'll just have some tea."

jimin pouted at the words. "but i thought we came here because you wanted cheesecake?"

"i hate sweets." jungkook shook his head, a charming smile prominent on his lips. "i brought you here because you wanted some, and i wanted to spend more time with you."

the nineteen year old quickly looked away, his cheeks heating up a little bit. as the woman added up the prices, jimin took out his wallet. "that'll be eleven forty." as jimin looked through his money for a ten and a one, a card was handed to the girl. "your order will be out in a few minutes. feel free to go take a seat." she motioned to the booths and tables around the shop.

"alright." the man thanked her as she handed back his card. "where would you like to sit, jimin?"

the smaller boy grabbed his arm, guiding him to a booth besides the shop's far right glass window to be able to enjoy the view outside while they were in there. they sat down on either side, facing each other. "thank you for paying, but i could've at least bought my order."

"it's nothing to worry about. i just hope you enjoy it." jungkook shrugged it off.

almost immediately another girl came up to their table with their drinks and jimin's cheesecake. luckily, the coffee shop wasn't at all busy considering most people were still probably at home or in bed from partying last night, so their orders came relatively fast. jimin picked up his fork, getting a little bit of the treat and stuffing it into his mouth.

a sigh of satisfaction left his lips as he took another bite. instead of going with a different kind he had decided on going with his usual choice of flavor and had no regrets about it. the food was absolutely amazing. it was like a cloud of sweetness in his mouth.

"was that as good as you imaged?" jungkook laughed as soon as the male was done scarfing the small slice down.

"even better." jimin muttered, taking a drink of his water.

the shorter of the two reached into his pocket, bringing his list onto the table. there was a pen already placed there for signing bills so he took it and crossed off the very first thing on his list. with a grin on his face, he showed the man across from him.

1) e̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶e̶s̶e̶c̶a̶k̶e̶

"it's so nice to actually do this, especially with someone else. i'm really glad you asked me out today."

"i'm glad as well. this date as been really nice so far."

jimin felt his heart rate accelerate. so it is a date. with glowing cheeks the light haired male took another drink of his water. his teeth casually wrapped around the straw and he gently began chewing on it out of habit.

jungkook looked at the action, thinking back to last night when he seemed to have been fidgeting with his mouth a lot. maybe he's bored or uncomfortable? perhaps anxious or bothered?

"i mean, it doesn't have to be a date if you don't want it to be. sorry, it seems like i might have assumed." the older offered, not knowing exactly where he should stand on the subject since the boy didn't respond.

"no, no," jimin let go of his straw as he tried to explain himself. "i kind of like the idea of this being a date. i just didn't really think that was your intention. to be honest, i thought you weren't really interested in- well, me in that type of way."

a deep chuckle escaped jungkook. "how could i not be interesting in someone so beautiful?"

jimin took his bottom lip between his teeth now to replace the straw, trying to mask his embarrassment. again, the man had said something so charming that it had affected him way more than it should have. the nineteen year old shyly looked down at the table with a bright smile on his face. "thank you for the cheesecake."