✧eight

CHAPTER EIGHT

✦✦✦✦✦

the male walked around his penthouse with water droplets falling from his damp slicked back hair onto his plain black casual long sleeved shirt. he had just finished eating a light breakfast when he heard the elevator come up to his top floor and open up with a ding. curiously, he stood up and went to greet whomever had decided to join him this fine morning.

although the main hotel elevator was open to all, his level required a keycard, meaning it wasn't available to all public access. obviously it couldn't just be a stranger, it had to be someone he had given a visiting card to, and that list was quite big. his managing team, agents, family members, casting directors, current producer, and his very small amount of close friends all had one.

"oh, hoseok?" the brunette looked at the male stepping out of the elevator with questioning eyes. "what are you doing here?"

the orange haired male just offered an expressionless face, crossing his arms across his chest. "we need to talk. now, preferably.

"of course. come in." jungkook welcomed him, leading him into the living room where they sat on the elegant white plush couch. "can i accustom you to anything before we start our conversation?"

"no. i'm fine."

the two were on opposite sides of sofa, keeping their distance, not out of awkwardness, but just in a comfortable way. jungkook wasn't exactly sure of the reason behind his friend's sudden visit, but he was always glad to see him. they had been friends for a long time, so it was nothing for hoseok to come over and hang out at times, or even the other way around.

"so, what exactly do we need to discuss?"

"jimin." hoseok got straight to the point, his gaze piercing into jungkook's eyes as if he was attempting to read him. "i want to know your intentions with him. you don't just send flowers to someone for driving you home, much less take them on a date."

jungkook casually spread his legs and crossed them so his right ankle laid on top of his left thigh. his arms followed the motion, stretching out around the couch on both sides behind him. it seemed like this was going to take awhile so he decided to adjust himself into a more relaxing position.

"i don't really have any exact intentions for park jimin." the man spoke sincerely. "he's a rather beautiful and charming young man whom i like being acquainted with. if i'm being honest however, i do really hope things can develop between the two of us. i took him on a date and sent him flowers because i think he's lovely."

hoseok narrowed his eyes, feeling oddly suspicious still. "so you like him because of his looks?"

"his upmost outstanding appearance would have something to do with my initial attraction to him, yes. but nevertheless, when i called him 'charming' and 'lovely' i was referring to his characteristics and personality. i don't know him as well as i would like to as of now, but i wish to better our knowledge of each other and hopefully become someone important to one another."

hoseok's stern dementor fell from his face, his lips now parting and shock beginning to take over his face. is this really the same person i've known all this time? he seems so different just talking about jimin. it was so strange hearing jungkook talk about wanting a relationship with someone for the first time since they both had known each other. it was almost too far out the man's character for hoseok's mind to even properly grasp the words.

"so, you're really interested in starting something with jimin then? you're not just going to be playing with him for awhile and leave him hurt?"

jungkook scoffed, completely repulsed by such suggestions. "breaking that boy's heart would be like throwing diamonds down a garbage disposal- a plain waste of something breathtaking. i would never damage anything that amazing. diamonds must be cared for and polished, purified with adoration and cherished forever."

silence consumed the two men as the rant resonated in the air for a few moments. jungkook had argued against the accusation so passionately that it would be foolish for the other not to believe he didn't have good intentions. clearly jungkook liked jimin, and jimin seemed to like him as well, so any future between them didn't seem to be anything anyone needed or should have to prevent. it seemed to be genuine.

hoseok nodded his head after deciding something. jungkook was worth trusting. he deserved to at least try with jimin. they both deserved to give each other a chance and have hoseok's support for it. yet, there was still a conflict that eventually no one would be able to avoid.

"i just have a final question if that's alright?"

"go ahead."

"your job." hoseok stated blatantly. "what are you planning to do about it if you and jimin do work out? even if you stopped doing the movies, i highly doubt he'd want you to continue the weekly videos."

jungkook furrowed his eyebrows at the question. what was he going to do if they worked out and began a serious relationship? even he didn't want to continue doing any type of adult acting if it happened.

"if it gets to that point where we do become a couple and i'm sure that it's going to last, then i'll stop. i get plenty of casting calls for non pornographic films, so perhaps i could switch genres and become a regular actor instead."

though switching categories so late in his career may be a hard switch mentally, he had the staff and the talent to do it. initially what he wanted to do when he moved to seoul was acting, but there were far more adult entertainment opportunities offered to him willingly to pay much better on a more regular basis. although jungkook was gay, he had decided to pursue straight porn in order to make sure his work stayed only work and not pleasure.

he wasn't the kind of person to seek love. jungkook wasn't even the kind of person to chat someone up in order to make them interested in him. this whole being attracted to someone in all these ways all at once was quite new to him, but he was very accepting and embracive to the new things the cute silver haired male made him feel.

"so to clarify," hoseok repeated the man's words in an attempt to make sure jungkook was certain with his decision. "if things did work out and it came down to work or jimin, you would choose him?"

"if things did work out between us and i knew neither of us had any plans of backing out, i would choose him over anything." jungkook didn't even hesitate to answer. "i want to give him the sky. i want him to shine like the beautiful star he is, and i'd give up or do anything capable of making him do so."

hoseok stood up right away, not bothering on carrying on the long conversation. after all, he got the answer that he came for. there was no need to keep interrogating.

"thanks for the chat, jungkook, but i should probably get ready for work now."

jungkook tilted his head in curiosity, standing up and following his friend back to the elevator. "are you not trusting me with jimin?" he questioned, not sure as to why the male was leaving him without saying anything about what they were just talking about.

hoseok opened up the elevator, ignoring the question. the lights above the closed doors lit up as it rose up back to the top floor. it opened with its usual musical 'ding' before hoseok got into it in order to descend back down to the lobby and go on his way to work.

"he'll be modeling today for me around noon if you want to pay him a visit at work. he should be off after that around one thirty, but he usually stays there until his roommates are finished which should probably last until about six thirty or seven depending on if they hurry. that's his usual schedule."

with that, hoseok pressed the button to close the elevator, leaving jungkook standing there with a dumbfounded look on his face. he had thought hoseok wasn't approving of his wishes for himself and jimin, but that's not what his actions just now had shown. hoseok supported them, or at least the idea of a relationship building between them.

now, it was just a matter of time for jungkook to make another move on jimin, and he wasn't really the type of man to sit around and wait.

a lot of you guys have been saying this gives off fifty shades of grey vibes or rather that jungkook does lmao and that's highkey the point