✧five

CHAPTER FIVE

✦✦✦✦✦

a quiet yawn escaped the short male as he sat down on the couch. he had only been up for maybe thirty minutes now, having already washed his face and brushed his teeth. now he was just sitting down in the living room on his phone waiting to find something to do.

instantly, his mind flashed back to the number he was given yesterday. exiting twitter, he went into his contacts and looked at the one he had most recently saved; jeon jungkook. last night after the taxi dropped him off, he made sure to put the number in his phone so he wouldn't loose the slip of paper and possibly never see or hear from the brunette man again, but he had been way too tired to want to start a conversation then, so he just went straight to bed after a quick shower.

he clicked on the message icon, mind pondering on what he should say. 'hey, this is jungkook right? it's jimin.' the male stared at the text for a moment, rereading it before pressing send. within moments three dots appeared indicating that the other person was typing.

"good morning!"

the loud yell made jimin drop his phone and almost lose his balance on the couch. his hand quickly went to his chest where it tried to soothe his racing heart. he looked up at the person who had decided to make a very loud and very unnecessarily rowdy entrance with a frown from the scare.

taehyung laughed, fully satisfied with the reaction. he was already cleaned up, looking wide awake and freshly showered despite how hungover he should've been. "how was last night at hoseok's new years party?"

jimin's phone —which had luckily just fallen onto a throw pillow next to him— vibrated as it got a new notification. he quickly picked it back up and unlocked it, clicking on the message from jungkook. 'yeah, it's me. how is your morning, jimin?' a smile went up to the boy's face as he started typing back a response.

"good morning." another person joined in, walking to the kitchen that was connected to the living room. seokjin ruffled his pink locks as he grabbed a banana from the fruit bowl. "how are you two?"

"oh i'm great," taehyung grinned, looking back over to the male whom hadn't answered either of them. "but i think jimin needs new batteries for his hearing aids."

the oldest looked over at the silver haired male that was too distracted to respond or even acknowledge them. "jimin!"

the boy looked up at the yell of his name, smile falling. "did you call me?"

taehyung smirked, crossing his arms across his chest. "both of us asked you a question and you ignored them. who's stealing all of your attention so early in the morning?"

a blush ran across jimin's cheeks as he tried to subtly lock his phone. "sorry, i was talking to a new friend." he defended. "and ten isn't that early."

his two roommates looked at each other, sharing the same teasing glance. it was no secret that jimin had a hard time opening himself up to people and they hadn't seen anyone new around him recently, so he had to have met them last night. even then, he usually didn't allow for people to get close to him until after knowing each other for awhile. the whole thing was sort of suspicious for the two other boys; maybe that their younger friend had a crush kind of suspicious.

"is that so?" seokjin asked. "you two meet at hoseok's party at the bar?"

jimin nodded, looking back down at his phone when he felt it vibrate. 'it seems like i'm not working until later tonight.' jungkook texted him. 'so i was wondering if you'd like to go get some of that cheesecake you were craving last night? let's say eleven? might as well get started on those lists.'