✧nineteen

CHAPTER NINETEEN

✦✦✦✦✦

as soon as the two models stepped out of seokjin's car, they could already hear some light relaxing classical music playing from inside the building. they walked up to the door blocked by a bulky and buff security guard to keep out anyone who wasn't invited, the man immediately letting them in.

although it was quite a small little celebration party, consisting of about less than thirty people almost all at their own tables with the groups they came with, it was still very nice. jimin was immediately greeted by the two designers who owned the brand, them praising him for the amazing pictures he provided them with, and thanking him for agreeing to work with them. it went like that for maybe ten minutes, multiple people either from his own company or the brand's coming up to him and applauding his work before he finally was able to go join his friends at their table somewhere towards the dessert stand the caterers put up.

"i'm finally all yours." jimin spoke to his friends as he stepped towards them, taking one of the two empty seats at the table, the other one clearly pulled up for his guest that had yet to arrive.

"jesus jimin," namjoon breathed out, eyes staring at the boy's appearance and outfit, accidentally lingering a little too long at his exposed chest as if namjoon's own wasn't just as visible. "you look really- ugh, nice."

the nineteen year old gave him a smile, thanking him in response. "you do as well."

namjoon bit his lip, rubbing the back of his neck shyly. "thanks."

the rest of the boys laughed out loud at the sudden change in the rapper. it was hilarious to them that right before jimin had come he was cursing about some singer that wouldn't stop calling him insisting on him making a remix with them despite him not wanting to, and now he was acting like a small innocent school boy in front of his crush.

"i'm still so happy for you jimin, it's really amazing that you've already had this much success." hoseok interrupted the two's talk. "you really deserve all of these amazing opportunities."

"i feel like you came here just yesterday and you're already a top model. it's really makes all of us proud." taehyung added on, grabbing on to his best friend's hand from across the table.

"so are you guys excited to meet jungkook?" seokjin asked the two across from him. "he said he's for sure coming soon."

"i honestly don't really care." yoongi shrugged as he took a drink from his champagne.

"what about you, joon?" hoseok looked over at the man when he failed to answer the eldest's question. "you ready to meet your competition?"

jimin hit the orange haired male's shoulder as their rapper friend choked a bit on his drink, obviously not expecting being asked such a thing so straight forwardly. as far as he knew, his crush wasn't that obvious. however even if jimin did may have already picked up signals that he liked him before, he would definitely know now that hoseok ratted him out so carelessly.

"you know i don't have competition." namjoon rolled his eyes after he finally managed to stop coughing and clear his throat. jimin playfully rose an eyebrow, smiling amusedly at the bad wording he accidentally did. "wait, i didn't mean it like that! i-i mean i don't have competition because i'm not fighting for anything. no offense to you of course jimin! you're totally worth fighting for, it's just- i should stop talking."

everyone snickered at namjoon's ramble, the table filling with laughter as he took a sip of his drink with pink dusted cheeks.

"seriously though man, are you going to be okay with this? we could always slip out before this guy comes." yoongi whispered over at his best friend, the other four boys busy with gushing over jimin's photos for the brand again that were framed and placed around to decorate the otherwise plain crimson walls of the venue.

the rapper tried his best to give his friend a smile, though it did come out quite a bit awkward and obvious that it wasn't fully sincere. "we're not just going to leave on a big day for him because i might be a little jealous. he's allowed to do what he wants and i should be supportive."

yoongi looked at him for a minute, analyzing his face as if to see if he truly meant what he just said. after a couple of seconds he nodded, deciding to go with his friend's decision.

the six friends spent a little while chatting about namjoon's upcoming album, talking about how excited they were for it's release and taehyung urging him to let them hear a sneak peek before it came out. at some point, the blond model was even offering —more like begging— to be featured in at least one song. it was overall starting to be a fun night where they could all just hang out and talk.

the sound of yells and the flashes of cameras came from outside suddenly out of no where. jimin paused in the middle of his sentence to look over at the door where the security guard was struggling to help someone inside and block some reporters and interviewers which had randomly shown up who knowns when.

finally after a little wrestling with some microphones and cameras being shoved in his way, the security guard managed to help the person in and keep everyone else out. a smile grew on jimin's face as he saw the man straighten up his suit and run a hand through his brunette hair to fix how it had gotten just a little bit messy from all the people that surrounded him outside.

jungkook was finally here.