✧twenty one

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

✦✦✦✦✦

as the two boys embraced each other in the hug they shared, a noise of dissatisfaction escaped from back at the table of friends. a look of entrancement and adoration painted across the tall rapper's face in the most obvious and vibrant way, and it wasn't that hard to tell that one specific person wasn't exactly a fan of the expression.

"sorry, could you make your discontentment any clearer, jeon? i wasn't quite able to notice it from here."

the brunette man switched his eyes over to his photographer friend, hoseok looking at him almost humorously. it seemed as if he had picked up on the man's resentment for the contact despite the conversation going on with everyone else.

"my apologies if i was staring too rudely at him, i didn't really realize i was."

hoseok laughed, shaking his head and waving it off. "it's fine," the orange haired man looked over to the two now as well. "but honestly don't worry about namjoon."

jungkook didn't really listen to the words, his gaze returning to giving a pointed stare towards the guy holding jimin in his arms. "he likes him?"

the handsome photographer swished his champagne in his glass as the pair finally pulled away from each other. "yeah, joon has for awhile now. he's always acting like a big clingy baby towards minie, but jimin just sees it as friendly gestures. their relationship has been this way for a really long time now, so even if you were out of the picture, i highly doubt they'd ever go any further than backhug status to be honest."

"i see." jungkook responded, staring off down at the table now that the two were starting to walk back over, trying not to make his slight jealousy so noticeable.

"thank you all for coming and thank you again to park jimin for making our brand release so successful. please enjoy the rest of your nights and look forward to the future of our work!" the two designers said a last goodbye to everyone as the launch party came to a close.

everyone in the venue clapped at the short ending speech, words of congratulations and good luck being thrown around as well. as everyone gathered their belongings and started going out of the exits, the flashing of cameras and questions of reporters instantly surprised the guests on their way out. it seemed as if some people of the crowd that had gathered earlier had stuck around.

it appeared like the media did really catch on to the fact that the small party was being held here tonight in honor of the release. they must have found out after jimin and his friends had arrived, already being there and ready to gather information when jungkook came. the fact that they were there wasn't a total shock, nor was it too indifferent for the media to do, but it was just rather inconvenient for everyone now that they had to leave. especially so for the unofficial couple.

as jimin worried over the situation, he was brought back to reality when two hands placed themselves on either side of his shoulders. he looked up at the person in front of him, his eyes locking onto lovely masculine dark brown irises.

"why do you look like you're worried, jimin?" jungkook questioned, looking down at the shorter male curiously.

jimin frowned at his words, looking back towards the door that his roommates were currently trying to slip out of.

"they're going to take pictures of us getting in your car."

the older titled his head, still not seeing the problem. "and?"

"and then rumors could start about us dating or something, and i'll have to explain to my company that we're friends, or more than friends, and-"

"stop." the hands holding onto the silver haired boy's shoulders lifted up to his face where they placed themselves over his adorable cheeks, forcing their owner to look back at jungkook. "sure they might take our pictures and be a little confused about why we're leaving together, but no rumors are going to start. as far as people are going to know, we're both straight guys who could just like to hang out with each other, okay? it'll be fine, jimin."

at the reassurance, the younger boy let his tense body relax and a small sigh leave his lips. jungkook was right. as far as the media knew, jungkook was an actor in straight pornography and jimin was just a model who never stated his sexuality before. there was no way any dating rumors or anything like that were going to start because the press saw them leave together. he was just being paranoid since he knew the truth about the two of them.

"okay."

a smile made it's way onto the man's face, jungkook being proud of jimin for being strong and listening to the voice of reason through his doubts. though he personally wouldn't care if the media knew about him and jimin or not, he could see that the nineteen year old was nervous about it and he didn't want to do anything that would seem non-friendly and potentially make the short boy's worries into tomorrow's actual news. "good. now let's go, alright?"

with a small nod of his head, jimin let the bad scenarios leave his mind for now and allow jungkook to start leading him out of the venue into the eyes of the awaiting press.