✧eighteen

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

✦✦✦✦✦

the rest of the week passed fairly quickly after that. everyone spent their time hard at work and the unofficial couple met up twice during some free time in their schedules in order to cross off some more things on their lists. as of now, it was finally saturday, the day of the party to celebrate the new clothing brand's official launch jimin had been modeling for.

when jimin had woken up that morning half asleep and barely conscious enough to walk into the kitchen for some water, he was immediately met with a plate of his favorite breakfast shoved into his hands thanks to his oldest roommate. though he was barely even awake enough to really enjoy and take in the delicious food, he still very much appreciated the gesture.

soon after he was finished eating and got back into his room after a nice warm shower, he was once again met with a surprise.

"...what is all of this?" the petite male looked at the clothing sprawled out across his bed that he knew for a fact he hadn't bought for himself.

"since you're the star of today, i decided to style you." taehyung grinned, watching his best friend's eyes admire the outfit he had gotten for him. "as much as all of us love your usual skinny jean and oversized shirt combo, i really wanted to make you shine more than you already do for tonight."

jimin reached out a hand to caress the blue velvet suit jacket, his small palm being slightly tickled by the soft smooth feeling fabric.

"tae, you didn't have to spend money on me." the young male frowned, feeling a sense of guilt because the outfit was clearly expensive.

the blonde only smiled wider, already knowing how good jimin was going to look in it. "i wanted to, really. consider it a gift for the party tonight."

jimin hesitantly walked towards the outfit, admiring all of the accessories and add ons taehyung had also gotten for him. not surprisingly, all of the sizes were correct— he wasn't too curious about how the other knew each perfect fit for him exactly since he had probably just asked one of the usual stylists or their company directer for a list of measurements.

"i can't wait for tonight." taehyung's deep voice spoke from behind him. "i bet jungkook's going to choke when he sees you."

as much as jimin hated being teased about the older brunette, he didn't bother saying anything against taehyung's words. honestly the thought of jungkook being impressed by the look kind of made him a bit more excited for later as well.

"introducing our no longer baby boy, and now grown man, park jimin!" the blonde male sitting on the couch yelled out as a cue for the boy who had just finished changing in his room to come out.

seokjin, hoseok, and taehyung all sat on the couch together in the models' shared apartment, wanting to see jimin all dressed up before they left to meet up with namjoon and yoongi at the venue they rented out tonight for the party that was being thrown in celebration of jimin's first ever official brand job being released. as soon as the small male stepped out in front of the boys in the living room a series of wide eyes and jaw drops came from his friends.

jimin was wearing the dark blue velvet jacket over a low black v neck chiffon shirt that exposed quite a bit of his chest, black skinny jeans that hugged his legs in all the right places, and some black chelsea boots. a thin black belt with a golden buckle was adorned over his jeans as well as a red and black ascot like choker around his neck.

the whole look was mature— a drastic difference from his usual cute and comfortable way of dressing. however, he managed to own it as if the style itself was designed and meant only for him.

"how does it look?" jimin questioned, running a hand through his silver hair that was already done and styled up thanks to seokjin.

"jimin, you look amazing!" the oldest answered, never seeing this adult side of their teenage friend they all considered to be practically a small child they had to love and nurture despite not being that much older themselves.

"really?" jimin's lips lifted up at the compliment, his previous doubts about the clothing not suiting him going away.

hoseok nodded his head, agreeing as well. "it looks great on you."

though he thought the outfit was absolutely stunning and was incredibly grateful that taehyung had gotten it for him, jimin was a little bit nervous that the whole 'mature' look didn't suit him. now that his friends seemed to think it did however, he was feeling a lot better about it.

"okay guys," taehyung clapped his hands to get attention after reading a text message from their music producer friend. "yoongi says namjoon and him and on their way right now so we should get going as well."

the other three hummed in approval, all of them already ready to leave. they exited the apartment, leaving to their respective cars except for jimin who had decided on going with seokjin since jungkook mentioned wanting to hang out afterwards and didn't want to leave his own car just sitting at the venue for who knows how long because of that.

"so when's your boyfriend joining us tonight?" the pink haired male joked playfully, starting up his car and beginning to follow hoseok and taehyung out of their apartment parking area.

jimin lightly hit the driver's shoulder from the tease, his cheeks dusting with just the slightest bit of pink. "his manager is letting him sneak out of work for tonight so he's going to be just a little bit late. he said at most twenty minutes."

jin smiled at the reply, happy jungkook was coming for the celebration. "you better keep him around, jimin."

the said male turned to look at his roommate in surprise, not expecting him to say that.

"what?"

seokjin placed his hand on the younger's knee, giving it a little tap of affection. "he clearly likes you a lot. he seems like a very genuine person and it doesn't look like he has any bad intentions from what i've seen. people like that are pretty rare these days. you should really hold on to him and try to make it last."

jimin thought about the words for a moment, really taking them all in and letting them sink deep into his mind. never before had seokjin gave him any advice on relationships except that they took a lot of effort from both sides, so this sudden change in conversation wasn't usual for him. it seemed like seokjin thought jungkook was really going to make a good impact on jimin and keep him happy for the long run.

"i will, hyung, thanks."

in case you guys are wondering all of them are wearing their bs&t outfits