✧ten

CHAPTER TEN

✦✦✦✦✦

the sun shined down on the two boys sitting in the grass close to the river. jungkook had placed a blanket beforehand in his car in case jimin had gotten tired of walking, so they were sat down on it enjoying the nice afternoon. thankfully, there also wasn't a lot of people there at the moment so they were able to be left alone by strangers while they were together.

the silver haired male stared dreamily at the gorgeous clouds and sun reflecting in the water, a smile held firmly on his lips as he chewed on some gum. while the smaller male was distracted, jungkook took the chance to really admire him. all of his features were shining beautifully in the sunlight and his hair would become slightly messy in the cutest way whenever a gust of wind passed through it.

everything seemed so perfect and serene and yet, there was one thing still bothering jungkook. the fact that jimin never seemed to stop fidgeting with his mouth. him and jimin had only known each other for a short amount of time so he couldn't possibly really accuse him of anything, but every time they would hang out he would at some point do something to keep his mouth occupied. it really made him worry that being around him made the younger nervous or worried for what ever reason.

"jimin," the other male turned towards the brunette quickly, his plump lips curling up when they met eye contact. "can i ask you a question?"

"go ahead."

"is there a reason you mess with your mouth so much? i've just kind of noticed that it seems to be a habit of yours."

"oh." jimin pouted, the corners of his mouth now turning downwards. "i mean there is a reason, and it is pretty much just a little habit. i've been this way since i was a kid."

"is there a reason why?"

the model hesitated for a moment. he could simply just tell jungkook what was going on, but it was kind of embarrassing. what kind of grown adult has an oral fixation?

"why are you asking so many questions?" he tried to distract the older and change the subject, but that didn't really go as planned.

"because i want to know more about you, remember?"

it wasn't some kind of big secret that jimin has an oral fixation, he just didn't go around telling people about that fact. of course taehyung and seokjin found out pretty quickly, wondering why their roommate would randomly suck on ice cubes all the time, but no one really apart from them or his family knew. then again at the same time, jungkook said he was interested in jimin and if anything were to happen in the future between them, he'd probably notice more and more of the little things jimin did to take away the discomfort of keeping his mouth still anyway.

the nineteen year old looked shyly back to the water, seeing the older awaiting an answer patiently from the side of his vision. "i have this thing called oral fixation. it's not bad and nothing that needs medication or anything like that, but it just kind of means i get uncomfortable when my mouth is still. i like to chew on things or do something to keep it in motion."

jungkook lifted up his eyebrows in slight surprise. he had never heard of oral fixation before, but it made sense to him now why the boy was sucking on a lollipop in the bar, constantly chewing on his lips or cheek and then on his straw on their date just recently. plus, if jimin had a habit of it then he should try to understand and be supportive.

"if that's the case, then i should buy you a bunch of suckers and candy to keep you busy. you might want to warn your dentist in advance."

although he knew the other was joking, jimin couldn't help but smile. his reassuring sweet behavior really meant a lot to the model. it was like they were becoming best friends so quickly, but at the same time both had a similar attraction to one another. it was nothing like anything he had ever experienced before.

"hey jungkook, can i ask you something too?"

the man hummed in response, ready to answer anything the boy was wondering.

"can we consider this a date as well?"

a demonstrative charming smile took over the man's flawless face. he was rather taken back by the sudden proposition, but if anything, he was impressed. he was glad that jimin was coming out of his shell and freely saying what he wanted to without him having to urge it out of him like on the night they had first met during the drive to jungkook's place. it meant he was opening up to him.

"i'd be delighted to consider it our second date, jimin."

the boy nodded and smiled down at the fresh smelling green grass. it was rather daring for him to ask someone he liked something like that, but he wasn't regretful for doing it. jimin didn't have too much dating experience, but he knew whenever he had developed a crush on someone before he would basically just hide and run away from them, not ask to become closer. jungkook for some strange reason gave him confidence to go for something he really wanted— which incidentally he was figuring out was the man himself.

he literally wanted to get closer to jungkook and actually try giving the idea of them being together a chance. they hadn't known one another for more than a week at this point, but he was ready to give it a shot already. sure most people would want to wait until they got to know the other person more, but the more he familiarized himself with jungkook, the more he would randomly catch himself thinking about him. with each text message or outing, he would feel everything revolving his life just temporarily shut down because being around the older made him happy. when he was with jungkook, he was able to forget the hardships from that day or the lack of sleep from the night before that he had spent making up little scenarios in his mind.

being around jungkook was like a stress reliever. it cleared up his mind and made all of his worries just disappear. he'd never really felt that way about very many people in his life before, so he was smart enough to know it didn't happen very often. he knew jungkook was someone he should hold on to.