✧twenty

CHAPTER TWENTY

✦✦✦✦✦

"you're here!"

jungkook's eyes snapped up to meet soft brown ones nearing him. a fond expression rose up onto his face as the smaller male came closer, his arms immediately opening up to welcome him in a hug.

"i wouldn't miss it for the world."

jimin playfully smacked the man's suited strong bicep, a bright shining smile never leaving his face for even a moment. "thank you for coming, really." the older male smiled as the other's diminutive hand made it's way into his own, gently pulling him back towards the direction he had initially came from to greet him.

as they neared the group of five, the demeanor of the table seemed to immediately change. jimin laughed as his friends quickly picked up a random conversation about giraffes as if they had been talking about it the whole time instead of spying on them just seconds ago. it might have been a good coverup however, if only namjoon had joined in on the chat as well instead of staring down jungkook like he currently was.

jimin gave the rapper a confused look before guiding jungkook to the empty seat beside his. "jungkook, these are my friends yoongi and namjoon, guys this is jungkook." he gestured to each male as he introduced them, not worrying about the others since they all had already met before.

"its nice to meet you both," the brunette outstretched his hand to give them a friendly handshake. "i know who you are actually, i'm sure everyone does. you both make great music."

"thanks." yoongi muttered, not caring too much about the compliment or the hand waiting to shake his.

to jungkook's surprise, the blond-green tinted haired man captured his hand right before he was about to withdraw it, and gave it perhaps maybe a far too firm shake. "oh, i could say the same for you too, jungkook."

as they released their hold, the brunette rose an eyebrow. "sorry?"

"i'm sure everyone knows who you are as well, right?" the attractive dimpled smile on the rapper's face was almost so passive aggressive that his words somehow felt more like a threat than conversation.

"namjoon," the glare in the said male's eyes immediately seemed to diminish into the air itself as he switched his gaze to the silver haired boy calling his name. "could i talk to you alone real fast?"

"it's fine, jimin." jungkook whispered, lightly grabbing onto his forearm as he stood up.

"it's not." the youngest frowned. "please, joon?"

unable to resist that adorable pout, namjoon stood up as well, following the petite model over beside a wine stand. he knew he shouldn't have acted so childish around jungkook for the sake of jimin, but at the same time, he didn't like him. quite frankly, when jimin said he was going to introduce a boy he'd been going on dates with to him, namjoon set high expectations and stayed up that night unable to sleep knowing that someone else was able to obtain the only thing he's ever wanted this much; park jimin's beautiful big heart.

namjoon wasn't an idiot, nor was he a stranger to the world of sexuality. no he wasn't so much addicted to his own pleasure that he knew every single actor in pornographic films by heart, but it was easy to identify the current most popular and advertised one in all of korea when he was standing face to face with you. and in namjoon's personal opinion, a porn star wasn't good enough for the svelte little angel in front of him.

"joonie, why are you trying to intimidate jungkook?" the soft, concerned voice broke the awkward silence that had built up between them.

"that guy..." the rapper gave a momentary look back over to the table they had just left, seeing the other boys all seeming to have a good time talking together without the sort of tense atmosphere namjoon's introduction had created. "you know who he is, right minie?"

"are you talking about his career?"

"yeah."

"of course, joon. i knew that before we even really became friends."

namjoon's eyebrows furrowed, a frown deepening on his sculpted face. "and you don't have a problem dating someone that has sex with other people for a living?"

"it's just a job-" before jimin could even finish his sentence, he was interrupted with the other man holding his hand.

"it doesn't matter if it's 'just a job', jimin. you deserve someone who's going to be loyal and dedicated to you, not some guy that sleeps around for a paycheck. you deserve someone like-"

the twenty three year old froze as soon as he realized what he was about to say. his mouth parted to try and reroute the direction of his word choice, but he was stumbling on trying to find something else and it was evident in his face that he almost accidentally let something big slip out. jimin tilted his head as he awaited for the man to finish, but he never did.

"someone like what, joon?"

"i-uh-" the man still sputtered, trying to get his uncooperative brain to help him out on not making an absolute fool of himself right now. luckily, as a high pitched guffaw was heard behind them by their oldest friend, he was able to come up with something. "l-like seokjin!"

"like seokjin?"

"yeah!" namjoon nodded his head, motioning towards the pink haired man still heartily laughing his head off at whatever idiotic thing they were talking about over there. "he's kind, he takes care of you, he's always there for you, and you can always go to him for comfort." he explained, all of his prior panic from almost letting out his big not-so-secret secret out officially. "you deserve someone like that, min."

thankfully, the young model raised a smile back onto his face instead of being offended at the words, and stepped closer towards the tall rapper to embrace him in a hug. namjoon bit back a grin as he felt small arms wrap around his waist and a warm, delicate body press against his own.

"i really do appreciate you wanting the best for me joon, i do, but you need to understand that i wouldn't be hanging out around jungkook so much and bringing him to meet the most important people in my life like you if i didn't think this was going to work out, or if he wasn't treating me right. he makes me happy, namjoon, so please just give him a chance and get to know him before you start acting like my bodyguard okay?"

the taller of the two hummed in agreement. normally he would have been hesitant, but being engulfed in jimin's heavenly hold rendered him of the ability to disagree with whatever he was saying.

though he didn't like jungkook at the moment, maybe he was too quick to immediately judge and label him as a bad person just because of his job title. if someone as wonderful as jimin liked him, surely there was something special about jeon jungkook he should at least try to get to know.