Hit and run or hit and stay

Kate's POV

   My morning had started just as usual. I slept in because my alarm clock hates me, I got out of bed, I stumbled on the carpet, I ran out of hot water for my shower and dropped my cell on the kitchen floor. I guess I could've said that nothing else could go wrong, but I knew better than that. In my case, things can always get worse.

   After I double checked everything I had to do before heading out and retrieved my old cell phone from a  drawer, I opened the front door and stepped outside. The sun wasn't anywhere to be seen and a thick fog  was hanging heavy in the air. Just across the street from my house the bus's doors were closing, so I knew that I had to walk to school this morning.

   "Maybe that's for the best."I told myself. "Maybe this walk will wake me up.". The postman threw a newspaper in my direction and of course I caught it... with my head... I continued walking though, refusing to let my day be ruined by a damn newspaper.

   I slowly and carefully crossed the street. I let out a heavy breath of relieve when I got to the other side  of the sidewalk. With me you never knew what could have happened, so being safe for now, was a blessing.

  The cell had started vibrating in my bag and I was trying to take it out and answer it when I discovered my keys  were not where they were supposed to be. I turned my head knowing well enough that when I had left home I had them. There they were! They were lying on the edge of a sewer opening, in the middle of the street. I ran for them, even though I knew there was a good chance for the keys to fall before I got there.

  Dear God! I had done it! I had gotten to them in time and now I was picking them up from the ground. "This must be my lucky day..." I thought, just before I heard the terrible sound of a strong engine coming toward me - fast.... I closed my  eyes and braced myself for the impact knowing it was going to hurt.

  I was right, sort of. The impact did come fast and it did hurt, but the numbness that came afterwards was heavenly and addictive. My luck got over soon though, because almost imidiately, reality came  rushing back in and the pain it brought was almost unbearable.

   Lucas's POV

   "Fuck! What have I done?". I got off of my Harley and headed straight to the girl lying in the middle  of the street. "How comes I didn't see her? What the fuck am I supposed to do now?". I tried to pick her  up, but then I remembered that if her spine was damaged I'd only do worse. The blood on her forehead  was comming from a small scratch at the base of her hairline, but no other damage was visible on the  outside.

   I took a deep, steadying breath and thought about the choices I had. If I picked her up and she had  some internal bleeding, or whatever else that she might have had, I risked getting her killed, but that  risk still existed if I just stayed here and prayed for a miracle. She slightly arched her back as if in pain, so I knew that her spine wasn't damaged. I ran a hand through my hair and made up my mind. I snaked  my trembling hands around her waist and easily picked her up. Her head turned in my direction and for the first time in a very long time I had known I was looking at a beautiful woman. That was a fleeting thought though.

    Carefull not to shake her too much, I put her down and sat behind her.

    I needed to take her to the closest hospital around and I had to do that fast.

THANKS:

Thank you all the ones who are reading this. Feel free to comment, actually I'd really appreciate your oppinions.

Do not forget that this is my original creation and I have all the copy rights reserved.

Enjoy the story! I really hope you'll all like it.

Ok, bye bye guys :):*"