Damage control

I woke up with a jolt and instantly looked for Kate. She was still asleep on her side of the bed, arms crossed over her chest, dark hair spread on her pillow. I started to stand and the bed creaked a liitle. Kate sighed softly and tossed a hand over her head, but didn't wake up.

I found my suit on the back of a chair and got dressed. Unfortunately, I wasn't lying when I had said I had an early meeting this morning and it was about time I got up and ready for it. I picked up the phone's receiver and dialed roomservice.

You dialed roomservice. How can we help you?

Hi, I'd like to order some breakfast.

Of course, sir! What would you like to have?

Well, let's start with some pancakes, bacon and eggs, some orange juice, milk and coffee, two croisants, two strawberry muffins and some pretzels.

Would that be all, sir?

For now, yes, thank you.

And the number of the room is...?

Room 303.

Oh, the royal suite...Of course, sir. Your order will be there in five minutes. Have a nice day!

I hang up and went to the bathroom to start the shower. I was planning to have a nice, long one after I had received the food. The doorbell rang and I went to open up but not before I had picked up a bath robe and put it on a chair in front of the bed for Kate.

"Good morning, sir." The girl bringing the food was a tall and thin blonde wearing the shortest of skirts and the highest of heels. She kept swaying her hips on her way in, but I didn't react to that at all. She had nothing I was interested in.

"Should I leave the food here?" She asked once she had reached the coffee table in the livingroom of the suite.

"Yes, that should be fine."

"I also have some clothes from the drycleaning for you." She said, turning towards me.

"Great, please take them to the bedroom."

"Of course, sir."

I knew that finding Kate in there would change her behaviour.

And I was right. She was flustered and flushed when she got out, and didn't even look back when she left.

I let out a laugh and went back into the bathroom for my shower. Plus, I really had to think about what I'd say to Kate when she woke up. I had some explinations to give now that the night was over, and I also had to think of what to tell her parents. Long story short, I had to do some damage control after last night's events. Not that I regreted it. Last night was a fucking revelation. I mean, I got to spend the night with the most beautiful, inteligent, elegant and at the same time the hottest girl I've ever met and it was amazing -even though she was comatose and nothing really happened between us. It was the first time I'd ever slept with anyone and I loved it. It was relaxing and nice to know I was not alone.

And all this didn't even have anything to do with the fact that I was sexualy attracted to her -and Dear Lord! I was. It was her simple presence that did those things to me. And now, the memories of holding her in my arms, of breathing in her scent, of seing the way the sheet was perfectly molded into the shape of her body and of hearing her whimpers whenever my hands left her skin made me understand why I had absolutely no reaction to the blonde girl this morning. She was simply way too far from my ideal.

Oh, who was I trying to fool? I had no ideal, but Kate. She couldn't be replaced by anyone. And now... I was hard. And I had the impression that no shower would help. Not as long as she was near me.

Yet, I stepped under the hot spray of water and let it wash over me. I still had some thinking to do. Maybe concentrating on something else would help. I thought and then closed my eyes trying hard to pick a topic that had nothing to do with Kate or with last night.

I groaned and ran a hand through my hair the moment I undersood it was not going to happen. No clear thoughts for me today, appearently. Nothing else, but Kate.

Damage control my ass! I couldn't even control myself around her...