In Vino Veritas

Lucas was sitting next to me in the back of his Audi, legs crossed, a glass of white wine in his hand  and a puzzled expression on his face.He was watching me emptying my fourth glass of wine, his  amazement obvious.

      "Ok... I think that's enough." He said trying to take my glass away.

      "I think that's not enough. Now, please refill."

      "Kate!.." He warned.

      "Don't you dare 'Kate!' me! I need all the help I can get to forget this evening. Plus, I'm just starting to get tipsy and I'm not planning to get drunk. I can handle one more drink."

      He eyed me suspiciously for a moment, but then he poured me another glass of wine. I took it from  him and held it in my hands. This one I wasn't going to gulp down.

      "Why did you have to come tonight?" I asked quietly.

     "You honestly don't know?"

      "What's wrong with you, actually?" I frowned at him.

     "What do you mean?" He frowned back.

     "I mean, why do you go through all this trouble for me? Am I a sort of a bet or something?"

     "What?! No! Why would you say that?"

     "Because, in case you didn't know, you are some sort of a damn Greek God, and I'm... Well, I'm me." He started laughing and I also smiled involuntarily.

     "You really don't see how beautiful you are, now do you?" His laugh slowly turned into a warm smile and he came closer to me. "And now,what Greek God are we talking about exactly?"

     "Adonis... We're definitely talking about Adonis..." He smiled even bigger now and closed the distance between us by putting his free hand on my thigh.

    "Hmm... Call me crazy, but is it possible that you are attracted to me as well, miss Mullin?"  His voice was like molten chocolate and I felt myself getting a little dizy. I sipped the rest of my wine and threw my  head back. Oh, fuck it! Truth time...

     "You win, Carter. I am." I then allowed my eyes to close, even though I knew it was a bad idea.

                                                                                                                   ~~~

     I woke up in a bed that didn't belong to me, surrounded by the dim light of a lamp. And not alone as I  discovered... I gasped and tried to stand up, but a splitting pain bursted in my head not allowing me to  move anymore.

     I was lying -covered by only a linen sheet- next to a very nacked Lucas Carter -except for his boxer  briefs which were still in place. He had his eyes closed and an arm around my waist trying to hold me  to him. I felt his perfectly toned body pressed into mine and my mind drifted from any clear thought. I started stirring a little and his eyes flew open.

    "Hey." He mumbled sleepily. "Do you need something?" His voice was raspy and hoarse and absolutely  adorable.

     "No." I answered shortly.

     "Good, then go back to sleep." He gripped me tighter by the waist and pulled me flat against him. I  tried to pull myself away from him, but it was useless. "Can you please stop squirming? Some people  have to get up early in the morning."

      "Can I ask you something?" I whispered.

      "Go ahead."

      "Where are we?"

      "We are at the 'Central'."

      "As in... The five stars hotel?" 

       "Yes." He answered, burying his face in the crook of my neck.

      "And what are we doing here?" The truth is, the thought that something might have happened  between us kept bothering me ever since I'd opened my eyes.

       He started to laugh and propped on his elbow to face me.

       "You were out cold, Kate. I just thought you didn't want your parents to see you like that and got us  a room here."

       "Why am I naked?"

       "Because after I carried you in and put you on the bed, you got sick and vomited. Your dress should  be back by tomorrow morning."

       "Oh, God!"

       "And then I just thought you might get sick again or need something, so I stayed with you."

       "Thanks, I think. What about your clothes? Please don't tell me I vomited on them too."

       "You haven't, I just didn't want to sleep in my suit. I have a meeting early in the morning and I might  have to go directly there, so I needed to keep my suit in the best condition possible."

      "Oh..."

       "Now, can we please go to sleep? I'll take you home in the morning, I promise." 

       I nodded my head and turned my back to him, hugging my pillow. He snaked his arms around me  again and cuddled me in, pressing his lips to my shoulder in a feather kiss. I sighed slowly and closed  my eyes hoping to be able to sleep even though I still had a splitting headache. ©