Final touches

Oh God! This can't be right...

    I stepped back a little and took another look at myself in the mirror.

    Surely this is not how it's supposed to look like.

   And yet, there was not one single thing I could do to fix it. My face was fucking glowing, and no makeup in the world could cover that up. So, I had to make an appearance in front of some of the most powerful, most influential businessmen in the world, being all flushed and embarrassed. And it was all his fault...

    Oh, fuck it! There's nothing I can do anyway

    Putting the brush down, I stepped away from the mirror. I had to come to peace with the situation. The blush would go away... It had to... Oh, Please, make it go away! I can't let him know he has this kind of power over me. But the truth is... that... ever since this morning -since our heart to heart talk... I knew there was no way in hell I could keep that from him for much longer.

    The sound of two swift knocks at the door made me check my watch. Show time... I took a black Chanel clutch bag and put on my black suede  Louboutin sandals. Checking my perfect curls again, I took one last stealing breath and opened the door.

     "Miss Mullin!" Lucas was his cocky, arrogant self, dressed in a black, regular fit, notched lapels toxedo. Oh crap! Stop staring, stop staring, stop staring... "You look beautiful!" I was wearing a black Halston Heritage sheer-top, belted, crepe dress. Of course he thought I looked beautiful...

      "Well, Mr Carter, you're not the only one who can rock the designer shit."

       He gave me his megawatt smile and that almost knocked me off my feet. Breathe, Kate!

      "I mean... Thank you, Mr. Carter!"

      "You are most welcome, Ms. Mullin. Now, shall we?" He offered me his hand and I -more than willingly- took it. "Is that red lipstick supposed to make me lose my mind?" He breathed near my ear. "Because it works." He whispered once again.

      I had no idea how to answer to that.

      "Well, what I meant was, it's gonna make it really hard for me to focus on what I have to do." He said after clearing his throat.

      The elevator doors opened in front of us and we both stepped in.

      "I need to ask you one last off the records question." Lucas said matter of factly.

      "Yes?"

       "That dress... Are you... wearing a bra?" My eyes widened and my mouth dropped open. He was smiling, that son of a...

       "Wouldn't you like to know..?" I answered, narrowing my eyes at him. And yep... That took care of the smile. "Nice suit, by the way. Armani?"

      "Not so right, Ms Mullin. Hugo Boss."

     "Right... Well, it looks good."

      "I'll take that as a compliment." And... the smile was back.