Free falling

I was in the middle of a meeting, with a room full of people waiting for my decision, yet all I could  think of was Kate and that stupid kiss. I still couldn't belive she actually went out on a date with that guy, but the kiss we had shared in the bathroom and the fact that she had kept a decent distance between the two of  them the entire night almost made it acceptable -'almost' being the key word.

    A soft knock on the door got my attention. Grace, my assistant, poked her head in and flashed a smile.

    "The candidates for the Cristler internship are here, Mr. Carter."

    "All right, Grace. I'll be right there." She nodded and closed the door. I took one last look  at the papers  in my hand and made my decision."Well gentlemen, considering the proffit is almost nonexistent  after all this time, there isn't much of a decision to make. There is nothing left to do, but get rid of it. Sell its shares as soon as possible. The minimum price we'll accept for one is 500.000 dollars. I'll see you again at the end of the week and I hope they will all be sold out by then. I wish you all luck! Good  bye!"

     The queue in front of my office was too long for my own sake. I spotted Grace and waved her over.

    "Should I start sending them in, Mr. Carter?"

    "No. Actually, do you have a list with all their names?"

    "Of course, sir."

    "Good. Bring it into my office."

    "Yes, sir."

    She compliantly turned around and started for her desk. I entered my office, and after taking my jacket  off and loosening my tie knot, I sat on my chair.

    "Here's your list, sir."

    "Thanks."

     I glanced at the names on the list trying to pick a couple of them for interviewing. My eyes focused on  one particular name and a smile curled up my lips. Picking a pen, I circled it.

    "Grace, let this one in and dismiss the rest." I said pointing the name to her.

     Her eyes widened. "Are you sure, sir?"

     "Do I look like I'm having any doubts, Grace?"

     "No, Mr. Carter. I apologise!"

     She left the room and I turned my back to the door. I stared out the floor to ceiling window bracing  myself for what was to come.

     "Sir, Miss Mullin is here."

     "Thank you, Grace! That would be all."

     I heard the door close and Kate's fast heartbeat. I didn't turn around right away  and she started  moving toward me.

     "Good afternoon!"

    "Hello, Ms. Mullin! Please, take a seat."

     She did as told and I finally turned to face her. She gasped and recoiled, so I took pity on her.

     "I am Cristler's major investor, so I get to make some of the decisions -like this one, for instance."

     "I didn't know..."

     "Of course not." I couldn't help my smile. "So, Ms. Mullin, when can you start?"

     "I don't think this is a good idea. I should go."

     "No, you shouldn't and I think this is a very good idea. I mean, think about it! We'll get to  spend more  time toghether."

     "I can't accept this."

     "You don't have a choice, Ms. Mullin. I've already made up my mind."

     She swallowed hard and I got insanely aroused.

     "So, since I already have your number, I'll call and fill you in on the details. Congratulations, Ms. Mullin! The Cristler management internship is officially yours and you're starting tomorrow."

     Kate flushed and started squirming in her chair.

     "Thank you, Mr. Carter." She stood up and held her hand out to me. "It's been a real pleasure, sir."

     I took her hand to my lips and gently kissed her knuckles. She flushed even more and shuddered. I felt  the effects of her reaction deep in my groin, the sensation heady. I tugged on her hand and pulled her  flush against my body. The way her body melted into mine made me feel fucking high. It was like I was  free falling from the sky and the rush was undescribable.

     I knoted my fingers in her hair and pulled her face to mine. She moaned into my mouth the moment  our lips touched  and my hard on got even harder.

     Grace's soft knock on the door was stoping me in my tracks for the second time today. I quickly  released Kate and straightened myself. "Come in, Grace." I was shocked by the coolness of my voice.

     "Mr. Carter, mister Bryans is here for you. He says it's urgent."

     "All right, Grace. Send him in!"

     "Of course, sir." She left the room and closed the door.

     "Well, I think I'll go now." Kate muttered.

     "Of course, Ms. Mullin. Again, it's been a pleasure to meet you."

      She smiled weekly and turned her back to me. She made it to the door exactly when the damn thing  was opening. Kate was knocked out of balance before I could reach her. Both me and Joseph Bryans  made our way to her and helped her up.

      "Thank you!" She said while making her way out.

      "What did just happen?" Joseph asked.

      "You just hit her with the door, you idiot!"

      "Oh..."

      "Yeah, 'oh'."

      I said nothing else during my entire meeting with Joseph. I was just too high -and hard, for that  matter- to come down.