Long way home.

"Kate?" The sound of my name on his lips was such a sweet sound. "Kate, you need to wake up! We're gonna miss our flight." Now, that had me up and running.

       "What time is it?" A soft smile formed on Lucas's lips.

       "We have two hours left untill boarding, but I must go." I yawned and put my arms around his chest. God! I loved being able to hold him like that.

       "Why? I like having you around." Looking down at me, he put one finger on my lips.

       "You know I have to go. People can't know we're together. Not yet." I frowned trying and failing to understand his words.

       "Why not?" He actually seemed surprised by my question.

       "Because you've got the Cristler Internship. I gave it to you. Kate, people will think that's why I did it." The realisation hit me. He was right. Theoretically we couldn't be a couple. That would have costed him his reputation and me, my future career. Just when I thought that we were on the right track... I must have seemed truly sad, because Lucas gave me a worried look. "It's just temporary, Kate. Just untill you get to Collage."

      "And you call that temporary? Lucas, I've slept with you!" It really pissed me off that he didn't seem to take it seriously.

      "I was there Kate. I know, but what else can we do?" I really couldn't believe it. He was seriously considering hiding our relationship.

      "You're right then, you should go. God forbids somebody sees you getting out of my room."

      "Kate... Come on! Please tell me you understand!" Oh! I was beyond any understanding. 

      Lucas stood up and started getting dressed. It was a pity really. The morning could have been so different. He put on his shirt, took his jacket and started to leave, but I was hurt, so it only seemed fair he was too.

      "So what now?" I asked, my voice strangled. "How is this going to be? You'll call me when you have a moment and we'll do it in the bathroom? Or... Maybe we'll go on more business trips together, huh?" A bitter smile took over my face. "Which one will it be, Mr. Carter?" I asked after a while. He seemed devastated, but that didn't make me stop, because I was crushed on the inside -my self esteem almost gone. "This was the plan, right? Bringing me here... And then..." Tears started rolling down my face. "I'm just another one of your conquers. Another trophy to put on your shelf..." None of my words were true and I knew that better than anyone else -even better than him- but I just wanted so bad to hurt him, that I didn't care anymore. "Say something!" I wanted him to... I needed him to deny everything. He didn't... "Leave!..." I whispered feeling sufocated.

     "Why would I say anything?" He asked, facing the door. "You already have such a great oppinion about me... I don't get it though. How could you sleep with such an ass?" His last words practically chocked me. Lucas left without looking back and I was left crying for a good half an hour.

    When I could stop crying I stood up and started packing. The flight would leave in less than an hour and I wasn't ready yet. I put on a cute, casual, navy blue, button front dress and lots of makeup and I was finally ready to go. I've met Lucas in the lobby -he was wearing a pair of worn out jeans and a black shirt- and we went to the airport together.

    My seat was right next to his, but none of us said a word. Jenifer Calahan made her presence aknowledged a couple of minutes after the take off and I had to switch places with her, because I simply couldn't stand hearing the two of them talking like two best friends.

   The flight meant torture to me and I had to ocasionally wipe my eyes. I knew Lucas was checking me up, because I could feel his eyes on me, but I was too scared of what his look would say if I looked at him

   I was welcomed home by Nick, who was waiting at the airport for me, and my conscience kicked in. I felt guilty for everything I'd done and Lucas watching me intently wasn't helping.

   "Come on princess! Let's take you home. You must be exhausted." I gently smiled at Nick and he bent down to kiss me. But no matter how much I wanted to hurt Lucas, and no matter how much the fact that he wanted to hide our relationship hurt me... I couldn't do this. I coldn't let Nick kiss me. Because I liked it or not... I was belonging to Lucas. I was completly his. So I had no other choice but to step back. Nick took the hint and stepped back as well. "Ok then... We should go." He tried to smile, but didn't really succed.

   What the fuck have I done? I should have been quiet... What did I say? I felt short of breath the moment I understood Lucas was right. Oh God! And I loved him...