Looking for a way out

The driver parked our car in front of Intercontinental, and then got out. Lucas glanced at me and smiled, then took his phone out -it must have been on vibrations, since I couldn't hear it ringing- and put it to his  ear.

     "Yes?... This is him... No, sorry, I'm out of town.... Yeah, don't worry, we'll set things straight when I get  back... Okay, I'll see you then." He then attempted to put it back into his pocket, but it lit up again. He put  it to his ear once more. "What?... We just arrived, so we'll be there in 15 minutes.... Yes... Meeting room 1,  third floor, got it. I'll see you then Mitchel." He turned his undivided attention to me and smiled again."You're ready?"

     I nodded and we both got out of his car. I took a second to look at the hotel's amazing façade and my  lips parted slightly in amazement. I looked at Lucas again... but he was gone. I quickly scanned my  surroundings and spotted him. He was in the hotel's lobby, talking to the receptionist, while our luggages  were being carried in by two bellboys. I started for the front desk as well,my heels clicking on the marble floors as I walked.

     "That would be all, sir?" The tall, curvy redhead behind the desk asked him.

      "Yes, I belive so. Thank you!" He answered, without even looking her way, while picking up the  keys to our rooms from her. "I got you the terrace suite, I hope that's ok with you." He said to me, while making our way to the elevator.

      "I'm sure it's perfect." I answered, smiling shyly up at him.

      "I always take the presidential suite when I'm here, so I'm gonna be right on top of you." He  frowned  a little and I giggled nervously after hearing him say that. "I didn't mean it that way." He said, putting his  hands up in defense.

      I giggled again and smiled at him reasuringly. "I know. It's ok." He seemed to relax a bit.

      The doors slid open and Lucas led me to my room. He was careful not to touch me while  handing  me my keys, and I felt a little stab of dissapointment. The bellboy carying my bag, got out and nodded  politely at us. Lucas put his hand in his pants pocket and took out a fifty dollar bill that he handed to the  boy. He nodded again and then left us alone in the hallway.

      "Thanks!" I said peering up at him.

      "What for?" He asked confusion showing on his face.

      "For taking me with you -even though you didn't have to- and for not making my life a living hell -even though I gave you enough reasons to- and... actually... for everything."

      "No problem." He smirked at me and then turned to leave. "Now go take a shower, change your  clothes and I'll see you in the lobby in 10 minutes." He said while getting into the elevator. The doors  closed and I was finally capable of getting into my suite as well.

      My jaw dropped the moment I took in the suite. I knew that this was a five stars hotel, but this was too  much. I stepped into a spacious dining room with modern light furniture, a flat screen TV and audio  sistem, and external walls made of glass that led to a big terrace. I tried to shake my amazement and  went into the bedroom, but that only made things worse. With an elegant queen-sized bed in the middle  of the room, small, classy bedside tables holding a white lamp each, and a comfy chair in a corner, light  spilling through the glass walls, heavy, pale curtains hanging loose in front of them  and an even bigger  terrace outside, the bedroom was for sure the main piece  of the suite.