7

Re-written 05/2022

W.U INSTANT MESSENGER

Raven.Reynolds: Did u leave for the rents yet?

Charlotte.Withers: Nope. Change of plans. Staying @ Croak

Raven.Reynolds: ?????

Charlotte.Withers: Let's meet up @ the cafe in an hour.

Raven.Reynolds: Sure but it has to be quick. I told Evie I would help her with some sewing.

Charlotte.Withers: When did you and Evie become friends too?

Raven.Reynolds: I ran into her a couple of times at the spa over the summer. She is really cool. If you were into fashion I would invite you, but we both know how much you hate it.

Charlotte.Withers: I don't hate it. I just don't care for it.

Raven.Reynolds: Same thing lol. I will see you in an hour. Ciao!

Charlotte.Withers: Kk.

****

I unpack the little that I did pack, refolding and hanging. If I was in this position three years ago, without hesitation I would be heading home, but I wanted the guys to like me—I wanted Chase to like me more than anything, also I wanted to know what he meant that night.

"Hey, Darren." I knock on his room door waiting for him to say come in. Not repeating our earlier situation. He invites me in offering me a seat on his bed. Politely declining I take the computer chair.

"What's crackin' Charles?" he tosses his phone face down on the bed.

"I think I'm going to stay this weekend. I should help with the project. I don't want to leave you guys hanging for the second time. I already said I was going to help." I shrug and give him a small smile. He tosses his head back and laughs. This laugh is hearty and deep. He leans forward now, still laughing. His blonde hair covers his face like a curtain.

"Darren? What's so funny?"

"Charles, seriously? Is that the best excuse you could come up with?" He pulls his hair into a man bun. Lucky I was immune to it or I would be ready to toss my virginity to the wind. "You just want to see Chase, I get it. That's just the way you females are programmed when it comes to Chase." He stands up.

"What are you talking about?" I watch him walk to the window. He gestures for me to come here and I do.

"Look."

Miguel, Austin, and Chase are outside lounging by the pool, in their trunks. They all look like Greek gods, but Chase looks like he was handmade by Zeus himself. I catch myself staring a little bit too long at Chase and advert my eyes to the garden to the left of them.

"See, he just has the effect over you ladies." He walks away from the window. "I just said look and your eyes instantly went to Chase."

"No, it did not. I was looking at the garden. The roses are beautiful."

"Are you sure you weren't checking Chase out, in his blue trunks?"

"No, and they were green." I groan, realizing what I just did and Darren just smiles at me. He was right.

"Please don't say anything to anyone. Ok? I can't have Mr. Moody Pants finding out about me having some silly crush on him still. Promise me you won't say anything." I look at him, with all seriousness. I don't want Chase thinking he has any pull on me whatsoever.