31

Chase

The past two days with Charlotte have been everything and more. I finally have the girl of my dreams. Knowing that we will be separated from one another for the next couple of weeks is killing me. Just the thought of not tasting her sweet bubblegum lips is driving me insane. One thing for sure is that I know I want to spend the rest of my life with her. I asked her to marry me last night and she tensed up, staring at me. I don't know whether I should have asked her so soon or not.

She never gave me an answer, but she said she would soon. Maybe she thinks I only said it so I can keep her in my bed or I don't know. Charlotte is a very unpredictable woman. I check my phone, no calls or texts from her and I know she landed thirty minutes ago. I lay down listening to the birds chirping, bringing back memories of Charlotte.

"I hate that they chirp so early." she groans, throwing the pillow over her head.

"It's not that bad babe." I roll over on my side, pulling her to my chest. "Good morning."

She peeks her head from under the pillow and fake pouts at me. "There is nothing good with this morning. I have a massive headache and I'm sore."

I kiss her lips. "You wanted more rounds—I told you let's take it slow."

"Lies..."

****

"Hey Chase, I think you need to see this." Austin runs into my room, interrupting my thoughts.

"What's up?" I sit up on the bed.

"Dude, just come downstairs now," He rushes out of the room just as quickly as he came in. What the hell is going on? Is Charles okay?

I'm right behind him racing downstairs. I see all the guys huddled around the kitchen island. A note is placed on top of a manila envelope. I look at all the guys' faces and they're distraught. What the hell is going on? I move closer to the countertop and I see Charlotte's handwriting. I snatch the paper up.

Dear My Lovely Frat Brothers,

I didn't know how to tell you this in person because I know two things would have happened. One, you guys would have tried to talk me out of it, and two, Chase would be absolutely pissed with me. The papers inside the envelope should explain everything.
P.S. Chase, I never give you the answer last night because I know what I was getting ready to do, but if it isn't too late the answer is YES! I love you so much, I love all of you and this isn't goodbye...just see you later.

Charlotte xoxx

Vincent opens the envelope dumping the contents out on the countertop. The first thing I recognized is the letter my father sent me regarding him funding our business—well mainly my portion of it. Next was the construction company letter about not going forward with any more work until they receive the final payment which couldn't happen until I got my money from my father. Lastly, there were two papers I'd never seen before.

"Whoa, what the hell is Charles doing? How did she get all of this?" Miguel asks and we all would like the answers to them. "Look at this one...she emailed it last night."

I stand there thinking of every little thing she did last night too. She cooked the house a nice dinner and she watched some movies with everyone before she and I called it a night. She was never out of our sight, when did she have time to do all of this? None of this is making any sense. I didn't like keeping the secret about my father from the guys because I was going to handle it.

"Guys, Charlotte turned down her acceptance to that academy." Miguel looks shocked. "It's an email she sent to the Academy, declining it."

"Look and this one is an email from your father's company...Charles is going to be working there for five months as an intern, huh? Why would she do that? Chase, what the hell is going on?" Austin asks.