27

What is on the menu for dinner tonight? I've asked myself that question several times, standing in front of the fridge. The chicken was in the sink defrosting, but I'm not sure it will be ready to cook in time. Meatless pasta should be fine.

Buzz

My phone lights up on the countertop.

Nate: Hey Charlotte, are you ok?

Charlotte: I'm fine thanks for asking.

Nate: No problem. I heard what happened and thought I should check up on you.

Charlotte: Right.

Nate: Are you busy?

Charlotte: About to cook dinner, but I have a few mins to chat. What's up?

Nate: I'm actually walking by the frat house. Do you mind company? I can help you cook.

Charlotte: Umm...sure.

There's a knock on the door, did he jog the rest of the way? Placing my phone on the countertop and making my way to the door.

"Hey, Charlotte." He sports a lazy grin.

"That was quick. Please come in, you know which way the kitchen is." I step aside.

"Guys here?"

"Nope ran out for a few minutes." I checked the chicken in the sink, knowing it is still frozen—I just needed something to do. Wolf is just staring at me. Creepy. I really need to stop being so damn naive and gullible about certain things.

"So..." he walks around the counter. "I've been thinking—maybe you and I should give us a chance."

"Umm...excuse me?" I walk towards the cabinet putting enough space between us. I'm hoping he would catch the hint, but it doesn't seem like it. He walks toward me and all I can think about is if he is going to make a move. I pray he doesn't. Wolf stands behind me and grabs the pan I was reaching for.

"I like you and I know you like me too..."

"As a friend," I add.

"Friend? We hung out fo—"

"Charles, I forgot my—what the fuck is he doing here? Why are you in my house?" Miguel turns the corner sharp; stopping in his tracks, looking at me and Wolf. Oh, this is not good. The last time these two were in each other presence to my knowledge was at the bonfire and that wasn't a good encounter.

"Hey Miguel, he was just stopping by to check up on me. He heard about the fight with Raven." I walk towards him. Standing in between the two should help out some. I don't think anyone would throw any punches, with me in the way...or would they?

"Yeah, that's what phones are for."

"Miguel...stop. He just stopped by and is going to help me cook dinner." I place my hands on his chest pushing him back slightly. I don't want these two fighting, whatsoever.

"You want someone to help you cook, then I'll stay." He looks down at me and then at Wolf. "You can get the fuck out now. I don't know what you think you were going to accomplish by coming here but it's not happening bruh."

"You can't tell her who she can have over or not. The last time I checked she's single and I don't see why she can't have me over then. This is just as much as her house as it is yours."

Why couldn't he just stand still and be quiet? Miguel tenses up and I swear I can see his veins popping out of his neck. Crap why did the guys have to leave? Why did Miguel have to come back? Damn, this is too much and the Tylenol hasn't kicked in yet.