11

Re-written 05/2022

Before heading back down to the beach, Tessa and I stop at my car to drop off my clothes. Tessa's cover-up wasn't really a cover-up. It was a sheer robe, but at least I felt somewhat covered. When I stepped onto the beach it was all eyes on me. Tessa told me to keep my head held high and walk like I owned the beach. I didn't own anything but the failure of not knowing how to be confident in my own skin.

"Look, I want you to know, that no harm will come to you and I personally promise that if Dove goes too far in whatever she has planned in her crazy head—I'll back you up," Tessa tells me as we walk.

"Uh thank you." I suppose.

We're approaching the other girls, and my eyes immediately land on Dove. Her bright yellow swimsuit made it hard not to notice her.

"What took you girls so long? I thought we were going to have to send a rescue party to find you." Dove emerges from the group, eyeing me. I don't think she really cared what took us song long. The only thing that matters at this moment is that we're at the beach and I'm in this damn swimsuit.

"Just wanted to make sure, Charlotte here looks perfect," Tessa says, gently bumping me.

"She looks fine," she eyes me. "You will look even better if you take that robe off." her eyebrows raise as if I'm supposed to take it off because she suggested. Sorry to burst her bubble, but this damn robe is staying on. It's already sheer; everyone can practically see the swimsuit.

"I need to go," I tell Tessa and her eyes widen. Probably thought I'm crazy to say such a thing in front of Dove. Seriously these girls need to loosen up.

"Why?" Dove asks instead. Ugh.

"Hello ladies," Our attention is drawn to the newcomer. I've seen him around campus before, a real serial player. I think he was a part of the football team, but I'm not too sure. He wasn't a normal face I would see the guys hang around.

"What do you want Wolf?" Callie snaps. I forgot she was still here. Why the hell is his name Wolf?

"Care to introduce me to your new friend?" He eyes me appreciatively. I can't be mad at anyone but myself for putting this swimsuit on. I should have just listened to my gut and walked away from this situation. I could find out who it is with the help of Raven, too late now though. Speaking of, where the hell is Raven. She and I will have a nice talk about not sticking with each other. Especially with this being my first time here.

"Not interested," Dove spoke for me, and for once I can say I'm happy she did. My interaction with the male specimen is not a good one. "So run along Wolf. Go find another victim."

"Come on Dove don't make me out to be some criminal. I treat all my ladies with respect." He winks at me. "Hi, I'm Wolf and you are?"

"I said she wasn't interested, Wolf." Dove stands between us.

"Let her speak for herself, Dove." He gives her a look and she crosses her arms over her chest telling him to fuck off. "Like, I was saying who do I have the pleasur—"

"Not happening." My body relaxes at the sound of that voice. Miguel throws his arm around my shoulder, pulling me into his side. "Anything else?"

Wolf looks at Miguel and smirks. "I believe she can speak for herself."

"She can, but right now I'm speaking for her and we're leaving."

Wolf raises his hands up as if he is surrendering. "You got it," he pauses and takes a step closer in my direction. "I'll see you around Snow."

"Doubt it very highly." Miguel tightens his arm around me. "We need to get going." He doesn't wait for a response. We walk off leaving Wolf and the girls behind. Jeez, I can really choke Raven right now and then tell her to choke me for getting in this stupid situation.