Onew

(Name) sat silently, fiddling with her phone and playing games and texting various people. She was never a person for big get-togethers and declined whenever she could. However, this was a New Year's party SM decided to hold and her boyfriend, along with the rest of his band, continuously begged her to come along.

It was so loud. But then again, it probably didn't help that she was seated close to the stereo.

"What are you doing here, jagi?" (Name) heard the voice of Onew ask her. She looked up to see him standing in front of her and watched as he sat down next to her. "Countdown starts in a few minutes."

(Name) held up her phone so that he could see the game of Temple Run she had just beat her own high score at. "I think I'm fine with the virtual world. You know parties aren't my thing."

"I know, but it's New Year's Eve," Onew stated, leaning to the side to rest his head on (Name)'s shoulder. He took her hand, intertwining his fingers with hers and kissed the back of her hand. "It's our first New Year's celebration together, and I wanted to be your first kiss of the year."

(Name) smiled at her dork of a boyfriend and checked the time on her phone.

It was 11:57. There were three minutes left of this year.

"It's almost time," said (Name) as she returned to her game. That was, until Onew reached over and took away her phone. Just as she was about to protest, Onew had already gotten up from the couch, stuffed (Name)'s phone in his pocket, and dragged her up with him.

"And that means you're gonna be there with me when the clock strikes 12:00," he said, resting his arm comfortably around his girlfriend's waist as he led her to where the other members of SHINee stood. "Look, it's already almost time!"

"Will I get my phone back after midnight so that I can say you've had my phone since last year?" (Name) joked, causing Onew to laugh at the horribly thought out joke. This was why he loved her. She was almost as corny as him.

Within a couple more seconds, the majority of the people gathered inside the building began counting down from ten. "Ten!"

"Nine!"

Onew caught on after being nudged in the arm by Jonghyun's elbow, "Eight!"

"Seven!" (Name) joined in after thinking, 'Why not?'

"Six!"

"Five!" Soon enough, everyone had been collectively counting down, the anticipation of the new year growing more and more. "Four!"

"Three!"

"Two!"

"One!" Onew grabbed (Name)'s face into his hands and kissed her right there while everyone else was busy yelling, "Happy New Year!" and hugging each other. Soon enough he pulled away and the two smiled at each other.

"Happy New Year, Jinki," (Name) said. "I wonder what this year's going to bring us."

Onew reached into his back pocket and took out (Name)'s phone to give it to her, followed by a peck on her forehead. "As long as I'm with you, it'll be a year well-spent."