Minho

Well, this was awkward.

(Name) had done fairly well with going about her day in the arcade alone to enjoy herself, shooting fictional people and pretending they all had Minho's face just to make herself feel a little better. And just to be safe, she avoided all the basketball hoops and air hockey tables, mainly because she and Minho used to be in those locations of the gaming center the most. She didn't need an emotional breakdown in front of many, many children.

One could say she was still recovering from their breakup.

Others might say she was an independent woman who didn't need a man. Especially not a man who everyone envied and... Told her she was lucky to have... And that she looked so cute with him...

Okay so she was recovering.

However, her whole recovery system was thrown off the moment she just so happened to have to pass by the stupid basketball hoops to get to Pac-Man. And not only were the memories of her and Minho there, but Minho was actually there, too.

With another girl.

And he stood behind her, guiding her as he tipped her on how to properly shoot a basket, smiling as he rested his chin on her shoulder. The very same way he used to do to (Name).

Minho had moved on.

Don't make eye contact, (Name) ordered herself as she picked up her pace. Walk faster, you're almost there. Pac-Man is literally right-

"(Name)?"

Damn it. So close.

Well, now (Name) had to answer because if she didn't, she'd seem like a total drag. She wanted to show Minho that she was better off without him, not that she had binge-watched To The Beautiful You and Medical Top Team just to see him without actually seeing him.

Sucking up all of her pride, she turned around, pretending to look confused until she "noticed" that it was Minho who had been calling her name. "Oh, hi Minho! I didn't know you were here."

(Name) didn't dare go for a hug; She was afraid he'd feel her heart thumping hard against her chest if she did. Being broken up was so complicated for (Name)'s mind to handle sometimes. Relationships should come with a handbook.

"Yeah, um... I'm on a date with my girlfriend," Minho gestured toward the girl. That was Sulli. Goo Jae Hee. Minho's new girlfriend. Not (Name). "You know JinRi, right? Sulli?"

Of course. (Name)'s former favorite member of f(x). Luna was now officially in her spot. Sorry, not sorry.

(Name) nodded, faking a smile as she shook hands with her idol ex-boyfriend's idol girlfriend. "Nice to meet you! I'm a huge fan of your group."

Sulli seemed so nice. She was a good person, she really was. She didn't have a bad bone in her body from what Minho had described to (Name) at the time they were still together. Maybe it was just the envy acting up, but (Name)'s stomach churned in irritation when Sulli smiled at her. "I'm (Name), Minho's..."

She didn't want to say "ex-girlfriend" because for most girls, the moment the ex was introduced is the moment the current girlfriend sees them as a threat. That, and she didn't have the strength to even think about saying that cursed word. "Friend."

"It's always nice for me to meet Minho's friends," Sulli enthused, going in for a very friendly but unexpected hug. This girl was so much more pleasant than (Name); She could totally see why Minho liked her.

"You're so much prettier in person," (Name) complimented, which was true. She was definitely pretty, but maybe she would look better without Minho. Maybe with someone else.

(Name), stop thinking about it.

Breaking that minute-long embrace, (Name) looked at the time on her phone, acting like she had somewhere to be soon.

"I'd really like to stay, but I have to pick something up before the dry cleaners' closes. I need to bring it for a friend," she said, making it all up from the start. Lying was something she found she was good at after the breakup. "I'll see you around."

Or not.

She smiled and left, a confident spring in her step to show Minho what he was missing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stupid jerk, (Name) thought to herself as she flopped right onto her couch, suddenly finding the texture of the ceiling so interesting to her life. How could Minho just get a new girlfriend after breaking up with her only...

(Name) checked the calendar on her phone, going back to the very day Minho figured they wouldn't work out.

Wow.

It's already been that long?

How time flies.

(Name) sighed, turning over and burying her face in her crossed arms as soon as she felt that familiar sting in her nose. She wondered how much longer it would take for her to at least stop crying over stupid Minho two million times a week.

Because she already knew he wasn't coming back.

Her phone vibrated in her hand. She wanted to pick it up for the reason that it could have been her mother or father or any member of SHINee that wasn't Minho, but she also didn't want to pick up for the reason that it could have been Minho. So she just let it continue vibrating.

When it stopped, she took a full five minutes of draining her eye sockets before actually working up the nerve to just look at the missed call.

Speak of the devil.

It had been Minho. He even left a voicemail.

Sucking in a deep breath, (Name) called her voicemail, hearing the electronic voice telling her she had a new message before playing it for her.

"Hey, (Name). It's Minho. I called to let you know that, um, Sulli thinks you're a really cool person and she would love to meet again," Minho's voice rang in her ears, and every time she heard it, she could only think of how much she missed him. "Uh, call me when you get the chance because I know you're busy. So yeah. It was nice to see you again. Okay. Bye."

"To save this message, press 1. To delete, p-"

(Name) pressed 7.

"Message deleted."