SHINee (Proposals)

Onew: "Why exactly did you have to blindfold me?" (Name) questioned as she tried desperately to peek under the bandana tied securely around her eyes. Onew kept his hands on her shoulders as he continued to guide her to God-knows-where.

"Hold on, we're almost there... And..." Suddenly, Onew stopped and went to work on untying the knot on the bandana. He ripped it away from (Name)'s eyes, allowing her to see again. "Ta-Da!"

(Name) stared blankly. "Jinki, it's a bench."

"Not just any bench," Onew stated happily. He walked over to said bench and plopped down on it. "A while back, you were sitting on this very bench, texting, when I tripped over a rock and fell right in front of you. And you stopped texting and helped me up. That was the first time I laid eyes on you."

He patted the space next to him, motioning for (Name) to sit next to him. She did so with a smile, crossing one leg over the other like she always did. "It's still hard to believe you tripped over that tiny little rock," she recalled, holding her thumb and index finger a little less than a centimeter apart to emphasize the small size of the pebble.

Onew shrugged.

"What can I say? I'm as clumsy as they come."

He paused and took her hand. "I love you so much... You know that, right?"

"Of course I do."

Onew fidgeted a little bit. He could perform in front of a million fans and then some, but he could barely speak correctly in front of (Name). "And if I had the chance to go back," he continued, "I would trip over that rock all over again."

(Name) cocked an eyebrow. "So you're saying you would've tripped and fell flat on your face rather than dodged the pebble?"

Onew nodded.

"Believe it or not, that pebble helped me find the love of my life. That's something I like to call fate," he said.

With ease, he slid off of the edge of the bench, (Name)'s left hand still in his. He knelt down on one of his knees, smiling crookedly up at his wide-eyed girlfriend.

And hopefully, soon-to-be fiancée.

"Oh my God, you aren't-"

"I am," Onew interrupted (Name)'s statement of shock. "(Name), everyone else knows me as Onew, the leader of SHINee who is talented and clumsy. But you... You know me as Lee Jinki, the silly fool who loves you more than anything in the world."

"Even chicken?" (Name) asked, tears beginning to form in her eyes. Onew chuckled and nodded.

"Even chicken," he responded. "Listen, I'm not the best looking or smartest man in the world, but I can promise you that I'll be the man to love you the most for the rest of my life."

Using his free hand, he dug into his pocket and pulled out a diamond ring, almost dropping it when he did ((Name) didn't expect anything less than his adorable clumsiness.). (Name) laughed lightly despite her teary eyes.

"So," Onew concluded once he retrieved himself. "It would make me so happy if you would be willing to spend the rest of your life with me as Mrs. Lee."

(Name) was already nodding before Onew was even finished speaking. She didn't have to think twice or ponder on the fact that the man kneeling in front of her at the very moment was the man for her. This was the man she wanted to be with. Jokes and all.

Onew got up and slipped the ring onto (Name)'s left hand's ring finger with a smile.

"Just so you know," he said, "tripping over that rock was so worth it.