Chapter 1: My Current life

Back here again, huh? Right now, I'm currently in a dream and what I'm dreaming about is the darkest part of my past.

I was standing in the middle of town and the whole place was covered in fire. I was about eight when my town was invaded by demons and everyone that lived there was killed . . . including my big sister. 

I remember waking up in the middle of the night because I heard a scream coming from outside. I got out of bed and went outside to see what's going on but what I saw horrified me.

Demons everywhere and killing the people in a burning town. I could still remember the smell of burning wood and iron as if it were just yesterday.

I couldn't move or even stop staring at the scene in front of me. That was when Carol found me outside and pulled me back into the house.

Carol was my big sister, she had brown hair and had light skin. While I had gray eyes, she had emerald green eyes that went well with her.

She was sixteen when this disaster happened and unlike me, she didn't make it through.

"Gabriel, we need to leave now!"

She grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me to the back door of our house. The back door leads to the forest which was used as an escape plan if something like this happened.

When we ran into the forest, I could hear howling in the distance and snarling coming closer. I didn't know what it was back then but I know now that what was chasing my sister and me were hellhounds.

We weren't able to get far because my sister tripped and we both fell down. I injured my elbow and knee but I was okay.

My sister was also fine but she bumped her head and it was now bleeding. The sight of my injured sister still haunts me to this day.

"Let's get moving!"

She grabbed me again and started to run but she then fell to her knees. I guess when she bumped her head, she got dizzy and can't focus enough to run away.

I tried to get my sister up so we can run but I wasn't strong enough to pull her up. I kept trying and trying but it was pointless.

Carol then pushed me away. The howling got louder and louder by the second, we needed to leave or we would die.

"Carol, come on! We need to go before they catch us." I grabbed her by the hand to pull her up.

"I'm in no condition to run. The wound on my head gave me a bigger concussion than I thought." She was holding her head where the wound was and I could see the blood dripping from her hand.

She looked at me and smiled while her head was still bleeding. What the heck is she talking about?

We can still run, we can still survive! That's what I thought back then but looking back now, I knew it was pointless.

I had no physical strength to carry because I was too young and little and my sister was too injured to run away. There was no way for both of us to escape this nightmare, I know that now and my sister knew it when we were in that forest.

That's why she made her decision.

"Gabe, I need you to run as fast as you can and don't stop running." 

Her voice was breaking with each word she spoke. I also saw tears running down her face.

"No, we're leaving together!" 

I got under her and tried to carry her over my back but it was useless. We were running out of time anyway, the sounds were getting closer and closer.