Chapter 5: My heritage

The first thing I was when I woke up was a roof that looked too fancy for my own good. I found myself in a big bed that could hold at least 10 people.

I was covered in what looked like a red silk blanket with gold yellow lining. The bed I was sleeping in looked like a master bed meant for a kind.

I looked around the room and I saw that I was in some kind of master bedroom. The walls were painted with gray and purple colors and the carpet was deep blue.

Even the door looked fancy. It was made dark wood and had a metal design on it, it was like some sort of symbol.

I tried to get out of bed but my body started to ache again. It seems I haven't recovered from the fight.

Speaking of which, what happened during the fight. When I was fighting the demon lord, my gauntlets turned all black with some weird red aura surrounding them.

The demons were also on their knees because of me but I have no idea how I was doing it. I also felt a surge of energy when all this happened but then it went away in an instant and I passed out.

That about sums up what happened to me. Oh yeah, then there were these people that came and saved me before Tromon could kill me.

They seemed pretty powerful, especially the magician guy that opened up a portal. That spell is only used by professional magicians so he must be powerful enough to pull that off.

That ninja person seemed good too. He was able to put up wires without people seeing them so when they walk through it, they're dead.

The buff guy looked pretty menacing. Just staring at him would make someone run for the hill, his presence was staggeringly threatening.

The old man didn't do much but I could tell that he was just waiting until something happened and that's when he joins in. He just gave off that atmosphere of a patient person waiting for the perfect moment to kill.

Then there's that woman that saved me. She looked about a year or two older than me and she looked gorgeous.

The suit she was wearing and the long purple hair matched her character perfectly. It was like she was the perfect person to ever walk the planet.

The problem with this is I have no idea who they are. I've never met any of them or seen them from around my town so they're arrival to save me seemed very unusual.

While I was trying to figure this out, I hear muffled sounds coming from the other side of the door. They seemed to be nervous, I even heard one of them told the others to calm down.

Why are they all nervous? It's really weird and creepy.

The door opened and the five strangers that saved me came in. They were in the same clothing when they saved me but I would've known it was them even without their outfits.

"It seems you're awake, young master." The woman that carried me spoke in a relieved voice. Did she call me young master?

Come to think of it, she called me that when she saved me. Twice actually.

Why is she calling me that? I don't really see myself as a young master or even a master at all.

"Um, who are you people?" I asked them.

They seemed to know me but I don't know any of them. I at least want to know their names.

"Oh, pardon me. My name is Vemon Cristore." She did a bowing position as she introduced herself. She's awfully polite.

"My name is Alistair Minor."  Alistair also did a bowing position. He seemed pretty elegant in that magician's outfit.

When I first saw him, his hair was all wild and stuff but right now, it was slicked back like he used gel or something to look nice.