Chapter 8: The Shocking Truth

After my team was done cleaning up the mess they made back at the demon stronghold, we went back to the inn so Steve could tell me everything I need to know. The only thing that surprised me was that everyone now knows what I am.

When we were back at the inn, everyone was silent including Vemon and the others. I told them to go out for a minute so I could talk to them alone and they complied.

Now it's just my team and me. I was still wearing the cloak with the hood on because I'm still afraid of what they might see.

I'm still in my demon form so if they saw me like that, I'm not sure how they would react. They may know what I am now but I'm still nervous on how they'll respond to this.

"So, you going to take off that hood or do I have to do it." (Steve)

"Uh, I would rather keep it on." (Gabriel)

I pulled my hood down a little more down so he wouldn't see me. 

"Gabe, we know that your half demon. There's no reason to hide it now." (Olivia)

Easy for you to say, you're not in my situation right now, are you? Reluctantly, I listened to Olivia and pulled off my hood.

When they saw me, most of them just gave a quick response but not enough for people to notice but I knew anyway. They all just stared at me until Steve broke the silence.

"I didn't expect to see you this way for at least another year."

"What's that suppose to mean?" I inquired.

Steve didn't say anything but it looks like what I became is eating him up. What's gotten into him?

"Your father didn't become the way he was until he was sixteen but you've unlocked your demonic side at fifteen so I guess you're far stronger than your father." 

Steve put his hand over his mouth a did a big sigh. Wow, this is really eating him up, I can tell.

Wait, he knew my father?

"You knew my father?"

"Yeah but I wish I didn't. Because when he and my sister met, things have gotten more complicated by the second, even now." 

Huh . . .? Hang on, he just said, "He and my sister", so doesn't that mean . . .

. . . No way.

"Steve, who's your sister?" I asked Steve wanting to know if I was right.

I guess Steve knew why I asked that in a serious matter. He knew that I already figured out who his sister was.

"Your mother, kid. My sister Laura Wilson was your mother." He told me without letting everything sink in.

. . . Okay, too many surprises and not enough time for me to handle them all at once. I think my brain's fried right now.

While I was under repairs, Olivia spoke.

"Gabe, we didn't know about any of this until after you fought that demon lord." 

I was still trying to fix my brain but Allen spoke after that.

"After you fought the demon and we took the civilians to Starfront, Steve told us what's going on and how this happened."

Glenn then spoke after Allen.

"He told us about him and your mom meeting your father and what happened from then on."

Zoe then spoke after Glenn.

"He also told us what happened to them both and how you came to become a member of the demon hunters." 

My head was still in pieces but I was able to hear them. So Steve told them everything, huh?