Chapter 18: The Tour Part 6

Our next stop was the Treasure room.

As the name suggests, this room is for storing all valuable items under lock and key. By the way, when I say under lock and key, I really mean it.

When we got to the Treasure room, there was were giant double doors towering over us. Despite being so big, there was a regular size lock for a key.

When I walked closer to the double doors, Vemon stopped me.

"Wait." She told me.

"What's wrong?" I asked with concern.

Vemon examined her surroundings as if she was looking for someone. I was confused and asked what was going on.

"That guy should be here somewhere," Vemon muttered.

"Who are you talking about?" Olivia asked.

"She's talking about Naga," Dyrom answered. "He's the one that guards the Treasure room and the only one that can open it."

It figures that they would have a guardian to protect the treasure room. I wonder what kind of person this guy was.

"Why don't you ask me yourself, my king?"

I heard a chilling voice and drew my weapon. Everyone else did the same including Vemon and the other demons.

When I looked behind me, I saw no one. Although I didn't see anybody, that didn't mean I couldn't sense them.

I could feel a presence in front of me, but they were invisible to the naked eye. Is the guy using invisibility magic?

"Show yourself, Naga! Enough of your games!" Vemon growled at the invisible person.

"Apologies, Vemon. You know that spooking people is what I do to pass the time, right?" The hidden figure soon revealed himself.

It was a man in his thirties wearing a nobles uniform. He had short black hair that was pulled back.

He looked like a nice person, but I sensed a sinister aura from him. What the hell is he?

"It's rude to talk about people, my king. If you wanted to know what I am, then all you had to do was ask." The man spoke.

He can read minds?!

"Yes, my king. And to answer your previous question, I am a spirit. It's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance." Naga then bowed before me like everyone else has been doing.

I'm not going to get used to that, am I? It just feels weird that these guys just bow like that.

Sure, I'm their king and all, but it feels uncomfortable. I'll have to endure this since I'm going to be seeing this all the time.

Wait, was this guy reading my mind again? I need to fix that before we proceed any further.

"Naga, I'm prohibiting you from reading my mind. The others are fine, but my thoughts are off limits." I ordered Naga.

"As you wish, my king." Naga acknowledged my order.

I didn't believe him at first, but something told me that he was no longer sneaking peeks into my thoughts. Okay, with that out of the way, I can freely think.

Naga said that he was a spirit, right? Judging from his appearance, he seemed to be a human before dying.

I wonder how my father found him and why he gave him this job? Since I was curious, I asked Naga about how he came here.

Apparently, this guy was a highly skilled noble that used to be known as Simon Astros. The reason why he was a professional noble was due to his ability to read minds.

He blackmailed people and many other bad deeds to get what he wanted. So, he was basically a criminal.

Anyway, he died by the hands of bandits while he was traveling across the country. Instead of going to the afterlife, Simon's soul was bound to this realm.

After spending a couple of years stuck in the mortal realm, he came across a mountain with a peculiar backstory. The mountain as we all know was where my Father and his worshippers lived.

When Naga explored the mountain, he was eventually caught by one of Kyuu's subordinates. After Naga was apprehended, he was sent to the throne room to await punishment by my father.

When Naga faced my father, instead of getting punished for sneaking, he was given a job as the protector of the treasure room. Thanks to his ability to go invisible and mind reading, he could mess around with intruders and even possess them.

Wow, I didn't expect my father to be so merciful. Everyone here said he was powerful and merciless.

I guess he only acts kindly towards the people that follow him.

After listening to Naga's story, we proceeded to the treasure room. Since Naga was the only one who can open it, he was the first to go.

Naga went up to the door and pointed his hand at the lock, he then shifted his hand sideways. In doing so, the lock also shifted as if a key was turning it.

Once Naga was done turning the lock, the giant double doors opened up to reveal the treasure room. When we went inside, we were introduced to a mountain of gold coins in front of us.

There wasn't just a mountain of gold either. The entire treasure room was filled with gold coins all over the place.

Everywhere we looked, we saw nothing but gold as far as the eye could see. It was unbelievable to see this amount of gold in one place.

How did my father even get all this? Do I even want to know?

Despite being astonished by this amount of gold, I was curious to know if this was all of it. If there's like a secret room that held more of this stuff, I don't know what to do.

"Gabe, you're filthy rich, man!" Glenn gasped.

"Yeah, no kidding! You can likely buy a couple nations with this, maybe more." Allen added.

It was true that with this much gold, I could buy a kingdom or two, but I didn't think that I would ever do something like that. Besides, I'm already ruling one place, I don't need any more people to worship me.

When I looked over at my team, I noticed that they were making greedy faces. I was worried that they were going to take some of the gold and decided to leave so we could proceed with the tour.

Okay, two more floors to go!

Author's Note:

Hey guys, I'm back! I know I've been gone a while and haven't made any chapters in a while, so I decided to make some for you guys. 

I'm still working on a project that's supposed to be a surprise, so I'll let you know when I'm finished with that. Also, I made a few "A New Life In Another World" Chapters, but I'm saving those for later. 

I know you guys want to see that story again, so I'm trying to make as many chapters on that story to keep you entertained. Until then, I'm publishing this story and "The Druid Guardian".

It's been a while since I've worked on "The Demon Hunting Demon King", and a lot of ideas started popping in my head for this. So, I'll be working on this story and "The Druid Guardian" 

These chapters took me a while to make but it paid off since they look pretty good, if I do say so myself, which I do. Anyway, I hope you like these chapters and I'll keep working on them and the other stories to let you enjoy yourselves.  

As always, please tell me what you think about this chapter and the others, I'll see you all later. 

See Ya!