Chapter 36: A Declaration Of War

Ever since Gamadal was told about the hero summoning, she's been figuring out how she was going to deal with it.

If the hero was summoned, then that would mean the humans would have another hero besides her brother. If that happens, then the humans will have the upper hand against them.

Hell, it's possible that they'll win without fail. That's what got Gamadal so riled up.

She had no idea what she was going to do about this. There are ways to stop the hero's summoning, but she needs one that will work and there are too many that will backfire on her.

What makes things worse is that her emotions haven't calmed down yet. She was barely holding on while thinking of how to stop the ritual.

Come on, Gamadal thought, there has to be something!

The more she tried to figure out how to keep the ritual from happening, the more she felt frustrated and annoyed.

"Damn it!" She slammed her fist on her desk in anger. "Those worms are getting out of hand. I'm not even sure the ritual will work, but I can't help but feel uneasy."

It's been ages since the ritual has been performed and succeeded. It was used to summon the first hero but failed to do it again for so long.

The fact that the humans are trying to use the ritual again means they're positive that it's going to work. The question was how?

The reason why the ritual hasn't worked for so long was still unknown, but there have been people that theorized that it had something to do with the angels. The angels were the one that helped summon the hero with the help of the ritual, so they were basically the source of it.

Since that's the case, that would mean the angels were the reason why the ritual didn't work. They're the ones that refused to summon another hero.

If that's true, then there's no way that the ritual will work since the angels don't want to summon another hero. Despite that, Gamadal still can't shake this unsettling feeling from this.

"What the hell do I do?" Gamadal muttered to herself.

She was completely clueless on solving this issue. To make things worse, the rest of the demons know about this and are expecting Gamadal to tell them her plan.

Talk about pressure. With all this weighing on her shoulders, Gamadal was overwhelmed and didn't know what to do about it.

If she had a solution for this problem, she would've already made her choice, but there was nothing that came to mind.

Invading the humans would be a start, but that would be too rash even for her. She needed a foolproof plan that won't backfire on her.

To be honest, even if she had a good plan to work with, she wasn't confident that things would just go her way. In fact, Gamadal felt as if any plan she came up with would fail no matter what.

It must be all this pressure getting to her. There's also that aching feeling in her heart again.

Every time Gamadal thought about the humans and this whole mess, her brother always comes to mind.

What is Gabriel doing? Is he related to this whole situation?

Questions like these started to swarm Gamadal's mind whenever she thought about her brother. This only made her more confused and furious.

No! I shouldn't be thinking about this!

Whatever Gabriel is doing is none of my concern. I have to focus on my duties as the Demon Queen.