Chapter 7: Search Party

I guess Skye still wanted to show off to me because while we were on our way to Starfront town, she started to do more tricks and I started to get nauseous. The distance between Rovertown and Starfront town is about 5 miles.

By foot, it would take us at least an hour to get there but flying should cut that time in half. I didn't want to keep flying forever because Skye was way too happy and just kept doing tricks in the air.

We finally arrived at Starfront town but now a big question arose. How are we going to land without people noticing?

As I said before, griffins are very rare in some towns like Starfront so if the people saw us flying around, there would definitely be a crowd. To prevent that from happening, Glenn used illusion magic on us to keep us invisible from the people below.

We landed in on a roof that looked secluded and kept the griffins there until we returned. All the griffins obeyed except for Skye, she wanted to join us.

"Sorry, but you can't come with us," I told Skye.

Skye was depressed now. I tried to cheer her up but it didn't seem to work.

Vemon then said something to solve the issue.

"Skye can come with us," Vemon said.

"Really?" I was surprised from hearing that. Wait, how can Skye come with us without being noticed?

I asked Vemon this and this was her reply.

"Show him, Skye." 

She cued Skye to show me and she went poof. There was a bit of a dust cloud but it soon faded and what was inside was a girl about my age with blond hair and wearing a white frilly skirt with a blue shirt.

She can transform?! I didn't know that.

Well, I did just me her and rode her so I guess I can't be that surprised. By the way, how old was she when my father rode her?

Wow, I can't believe I just said that. I think I should stop talking before I get bad thoughts invading my mind.

I removed all evil thoughts from surfacing and focused on Skye in her human form.

"Master!" Skye wrapped her arms around me and I couldn't help but yelp a bit. I may have been around two girls for 7 years but neither of them actually hugged me like the way Skye is.

"Okay, you can get off me now." I urged her.

I was kind of freaking out that a girl my age was making this much physical contact. I kept trying to peel her off me but she had a firm grip on me and didn't let go.

Once I finally got her off me, we went down to the street and started to look for my friends. For some reason, the town was more packed than usual.

I found out that the reason that there were more people was that some of them are from my old town. It's a good thing I had my cloak on, otherwise, the people from my old town might recognize me.

I may have white skin with glowing red veins all over my body but even so, I know a few people that would recognize me on the spot. I can't let anyone see me like this until this form goes away.

I asked Skye if she picked up anything since she sniffed Olivia's scarf and she pointed at a tavern called Cobra Bone Inn. We went inside and everyone looked at us, especially me.

I didn't like the stares that were boring into me so I made this quick and went over to the lady in charge at the counter. She had red hair that was in a bun and wore purple glasses.

"How may I help you . . . young man?" The lady asked in a gentle voice and tried not to be offensive. I asked her if five adventurers came in here to book a room.