Chapter 39: Plans For The Invasion

Although she was the one that issued the order, Gamadal didn't think that she would start her first invasion on the humans just after a couple of days of being the Demon Queen.

A lot of things were . . . Going a little too fast for her pace.

Unfortunately, Gamadal will have to catch up if she wants to keep her status. Thanks to Tromon, she needs to keep her act together or that bastard would tell all the demons about her condition.

Ever since Carol, her human self, finally woke up, she's been struggling to keep her emotions in check. Even now, if she didn't focus hard enough, she would've collapsed in an instant.

With her emotions in a frenzy, she had to prevent a lot of face-to-face encounters with everyone. This includes the other Demon Lords.

But, with this whole invasion thing happening, she's been going to a lot of conferences, so she had to show her face to a lot of people. Not only that, but she was also the main person that spoke, so she's been trying to keep her composure in front of many powerful demons.

Right now, Gamadal was currently in a meeting. Before her were several Demon Lords.

The Demon Lords were divided into three groups. There was the low-ranking Demon Lords, the middle-ranking Demon Lords, and the high-ranking Demon Lords.

The majority of the Demon Lords were low to middle ranks. As for the high-ranking Demons Lords, that was Tromon.

Tromon was the only high-ranking Demon Lords in the meeting. The other high-ranking Demon Lords had other business to attend to, so they didn't show up.

"As all of you know, the humans are planning to perform the Summoning Ritual," Gamadal announced to the present Demon Lords.

The other Demon Lords started to murmur. This was to be expected, but Gamadal had no time for that.

So, she glared at everyone and they fell silent.

"Anyway," Gamadal continued, "due to this event, many demons are worried about the outcome."

"It's to be expected," One of the minor Demon Lords spoke up. "If the hero gets summoned, then we, demons, are goners."

"What makes you think that the ritual will succeed?" Another Demon Lord asked. "The humans have tried to perform the ritual before, but they failed. What's different from before?"

The two demons arguing were Rogarth and Yushera.

Rogarth was a low-rank Demon Lord that controlled a small town. Although he may be a low-ranking Demon Lord, he has the strength and intellect of a middle-ranking one.

Rogarth was part of the Oni race, which made him far more powerful than a low-ranking Demon Lord, but it was decided by the other Demons that he should start off as one.

As for Yushera, he was part of the Bear beastfolk race and was also a low-ranking Demon Lord. If you were to compare them in terms of strength and brains, Rogarth was superior.

However, if you compared them in terms of numbers, Yushera would reign superior. Unlike Rogarth, Yushera has a much larger army than him that not even he would take on alone or with reinforcements.

As the two Demon Lords continued to argue, Gamadal decided to put a stop to it.

"That's enough, you two," Gamadal said in a cold tone.

The two minor Demon Lords were shaken up by Gamadal and went silent. After that stopped bickering, Gamadal continued.

"It's true that we shouldn't worry about something like the Summoning Ritual, due to its past failures, but that doesn't mean we're going to ignore this."